I will always... love you: "Confession or..."

I will always... love you: "Confession or..."

A Story by JAY
"

CHAPTER 1

"

The loud noise of raindrops beating the school roof distract Risa’s attention from her class. She looked out of the window with heavy eyes and lets out a big sigh. “I wish I was at home cuddling with my bolster right now.” She said to herself.


          Even though she’s quite unenergetic in class, believe it or not, she’s the top student in her second year.


          “Hey Risa.” The voice of a male student who sat beside her whispered through her ears.


          “Oh Ken, what do you want?”


          “Can you stay in class after school? I need to tell you something.” Ken said as if there is something urgent that he wants to tell to Risa only.


          “Sure, but why after school? Can’t you just tell me now.”


          “It’s a little complicated to say it now when there are other students here.”


          “Alright then.”


         

          “Okay class, school is over. Take care when you’re going home.” The teacher said. Risa stretches her tired arms. “Ah, finally.”


A female student reaches out to Risa while Risa is packing her bag. “Risa, let’s go home together.” A cute girl standing there, wearing a bunny hair-pin. She’s the same age with Risa but from a different class.


          “Sorry Miku, but I’m staying in class for a while. Ken said he needs to tell me something.”


          “Tell you wha- Wait a second, is this what I think it is?”


          “What do you mean Miku?” Risa scratches her head.


          “Gosh Risa, I’m talking about a confession of course.”


          Risa’s face turned beet red. “W-what?! A-a confession? There is no way he would confess to me… right?” Upon hearing that, doubt began to run around in Risa’s head.


          Miku starts to laugh as she bangs her right hand on the table. “Hahaha, you should see your face Risa, it turned red all of a sudden.” Risa immediately covers her face. “No I’m not.”


          “Don’t be so shy Risa. We’ve been friends since middle school, it’s okay to open up to me. Tell me, you have a crush on Ken right?”


          Risa slowly puts her hand down and nodded. “Do you really think he is going to confess to me?” she said with a soft voice.


          “Don’t worry Risa, if he doesn’t, then you should be the one to confess.”


          Risa sighed. “Alright. W-wait, me, confessing?! Not in a million years. It’s too embarrassing.”


          “Come on Risa, if you’re the one confessing, I’m sure he will not turn you down. Besides, you’re the beauty of our high school and a kind-hearted person. If he rejects you, then he must have a bad taste in women. Anyway, you just have to bite the bullet.”


          With a little encouragement from Miku, Risa decided to just do it and deal with the consequences later. “O-okay, I’ll try.”


          Miku smiled and pat her shoulder. “I’ll be waiting for you at the school gate then. You can do this Risa, just believe in yourself.”


          “Thanks Miku.”


          “You go girl!” Miku shouted from a distance. Hearing that Risa starts to giggle.



          The class began to emptied as time went by. At last, Ken and Risa are both alone.


          Risa slowly approaches to him. “So, what do you want to talk about Ken?”


          “First of all, happy birthday Risa.” Ken said. Risa stood there with her eyebrows furrowed. “My birthday? You do know my birthday is on September 10th right?”


          “I know.” Ken said without hesitation.


          “But today is the 9th.” Risa said while tilting her head to the left.


          “Yes, I know that.” Ken said again confidently as if he’s purposely celebrating her birthday the day before it.


          “So why are you celebrating my birthday today?”


Ken was speechless for a while. His usual bright smile changed, along with his happy-go-lucky voice. He stands there with a grave looking face. “Actually, I have one more thing to tell you Risa.” He said.


“What is it?”


Risa began to ask herself. “Why is he getting serious all of a sudden? Is this it? The confession that Miku talked about. Is he going to confess to me here and now? Or maybe he is talking about something else?” Risa’s mind is full of questions. Her forehead starts to sweat even though it’s a windy evening.


Risa slaps both of her cheeks to calm herself down. After a few seconds of silence, Ken starts to tell her something.


 

“Actually… I’m moving to America tomorrow.”

© 2021 JAY


Author's Note

JAY
Hello, this is my amateur writing. Please review it and tell me your opinion on this chapter. Point out as many mistakes as you can so that I can improve my writings more. Grammar counts too.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on September 12, 2021
Last Updated on September 12, 2021
Tags: Romance, drama