Story of the Day (2-1-13)

Story of the Day (2-1-13)

A Story by That1Nerd23



















Brushing her small hand across her face and then sighing, she knew the day would be long. She woke up feeling even more sleepy than she had when she went to bed the night before. A sneeze overtook her and out came an, “Ah-choo!”. Her parents, a few days before, had adopted a new cat. Well, perhaps we should say the cat adopted them, for it wandered about outside seeking affection and got just a little too much. Now it resides in the house, merrily going to and fro as it wishes. 

With wide eyes, her dog sat looking at her in want, “Right, I must feed you! Thank you for reminding me, boy.” The Jack Russell, with it’s small tail, began to run across the room in excitement, then dashed to it’s food bowl. “My, you sure do get excited!”, said the girl with a chuckle. She scooped some dog food into his bowl and placed it on the floor. She continued and filled his water bowl alike. 

Making her way to the bathroom she ran her hand down her hair and then tugged at her pajama shirt. She turned the water knob and nice, clear water streamed out. She washed her face and then brushed her teethe. She combed her long, red hair and then walked to her room where she change into the clothes she would wear for the day. She thought of all she had to do: clean her room, do laundry, study, so on, so forth.

“Jessica!”, her mother called from another room.

“Yes, mom?”, she replied. 

“You need to get your stuff done.”

“I know, I know, I was just about to begin…”

She glanced back at her computer screen and said in a whisper, “Goodbye, Writers Cafe. I’ll see you later.” ;) ♥

© 2013 That1Nerd23


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very entertaining. Procrastinating because of having to much fun with an enjoyable hobby. It happens to the best of us. Great job writing this one. Love the photo, your very photogenic. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

11 Years Ago

Your review is very encouraging. You could not have said anything more effective at the moment. Than.. read more
Nice write. Is it like a diary or something? Anything special about the day or something??

Posted 11 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

11 Years Ago

I'm not sure. I just thought I'd put little parts of my day into a story. :)
So Pretty :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

11 Years Ago

Thank you. (:
Its truely remarkable, how people like you can read the finesse of life, how you can filter the sophistication out of it. For me, people like you exist as a transparent soul, nthing to hide underneath the mortal skin....
I read this small piece and I have no idea if there's anything remarkable bout it ( I'm sure you didn't write it as the resume of your writer's skill) but what I really understand is there's definately something remarkable bout it. I find aura in every simple souls..... congratulations... i found one in you

Posted 11 Years Ago


Abhishekizy

11 Years Ago

( I'm sure you .......something remarkable bout you!!) I'm sorry the second last sentence was suppos.. read more
That1Nerd23

11 Years Ago

Wow...Thank you. Haha. I appreciate that. (:
Leave me a review if you want. (:

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2013
Last Updated on February 1, 2013

Author

That1Nerd23
That1Nerd23

OH



About
"I believe that life is chaotic, a jumble of accidents, ambitions, misconceptions, bold intentions, lazy happenstances, and unintended consequences, yet I also believe that there are connections that .. more..

Writing