The World You'd Like to Live in

The World You'd Like to Live in

A Story by JesseLKellogg
"

This is a writing of my opinion on gun control.

"

The World You’d Like to Live in

 

                Robbers fear the sound of a shotgun racking a round into its chamber. It overwhelms an intruder with fear and usually makes him flee without anyone receiving injury. A single man trained to use a gun properly can save hundreds of lives by merely incapacitating a rampaging psycho. Guns are a daily used tool, when used by a knowledgeable person they help harvest meat from animals, ward off intruders and protect the innocent. No law should prohibit the ownership and use of guns.

                America has been brutalized by people using guns to hurt others. The recent San Bernardino massacre was not only sad but horrific. The couple who killed many innocent humans proclaimed they were supporters of ISIS. They practiced beforehand and their choice was deliberate. Although the guns aided their assault, a bomb or other destructive device would do just the same or more damage. The Sandy Hook shooting was an atrocious event.  I lived nearby the school when the shooting occurred. My friends knew people who died in the shooting. I shared their sorrow and anger. No one should have to go through this kind of anguish. The Columbine school shooting was nothing less than evil. The two young men who used guns to kill people were wrong, however, the guns weren’t the ones who fired. The only one responsible for killing is the user, not the item.  Therefore, banning the use and ownership of guns wouldn’t stop murderous assaults. What sign would stop another terrible shooting? One that states: “All weapons are prohibited on these premises” or “staff heavily armed and trained. Any attempt to harm children will be met with deadly force.”

                The overpopulation of some animals is already prevalent; however, removing guns from proper civilians would increase this predicament exponentially. Many law abiding Americans hunt year round, farming meat and other resources for their families’, simultaneously keeping animal population down. This practice saves citizens’ money while providing them with delectable food. The state also receives money by selling licenses for hunting and selling tags for hunting specific animals. Furthermore, hunting instills knowledge of how to use a gun properly and safely. Thus, using guns to hunt provides the people and state with extra money and resources while training citizens the proper uses of a gun.

                Stopping crime wherever it originates is commendable, however, taking away guns wouldn’t help subside lawbreaking. Crime rates would increase if honest citizens’ guns were seized; disabling their ability to protect themselves with an equal force. If the government issued a law, removing guns from upright citizens, criminals wouldn’t turn in their guns. They would run free stealing from whoever they please; they would no longer fear someone who poses a threat. Average citizens would be defenseless, unable to protect their friends and family. The government alludes to the gun doing the damage, but that would be just like saying forks make us fat. This unbelievable claim is outrageous. A man with a crowbar could hurt people just the same as one with a gun. Should the government pad everything and everyone with pillows and take away everything dangerous? Although people have killed people, guns don’t do the trigger pulling.

                If the government passed a no gun law it would directly infringe on the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, the right to bear arms and the right to form a well-regulated militia. Without these two rights, every state would be captive to the government, no longer free. The founding fathers of our superior nation set up the Constitution for the protection of the people. Furthermore, the Second Amendment states we have the right to form a militia, securing our position as a free state. These rights were written hundreds of years ago, however, they hold truth to this day. Once our guns are removed, the government would have complete control, eliminating our freedom.

               

                No law should prohibit the ownership and use of guns. When used by a knowledgeable individual, guns can be utilized as tools, protection devices and hunting equipment. The population of animals would grow exponentially without the use of guns. Honest hunters save money by harvesting meat from their game. Guns are feared by most criminals. A single man who possesses a gun could save thousands of lives by stopping a dangerous threat. Taking away our guns would increase crime rates because of our inability to meet a threat with an equal force. Criminals wouldn’t turn in their guns merely because the government issued a law to do so. They would rule cities, doing as they please, while honest citizens cower in fear. The government treats guns as if they had a mind. Guns don’t pull their own triggers. The Second Amendment states we have the right to form a militia, securing our position as a free state. Without a way to protect ourselves we aren’t free. Guns don’t think, however people do. Thus, people do the killing.

We the people can help fight against anti-gun laws. By supporting pro-gun causes and organizations like the NRA(National Rifle Association) we can keep guns to protect the innocent. You can support pro-gun laws by joining gun activist rallies. Show America that guns are a needed tool. Find a pro-gun petition to sign, the President takes notice of these. He won’t ignore 50,000+ signatures supporting the Second Amendment.

                A man spots a suspicious character in a movie theater. His kids are also in the theater. Every few seconds he glances over to see if the man has moved. The suspicious man pulls out an illegal gun, stands up and yells, “Everyone stay in their seats!” People start to panic, fearing they might die. The lunatic fires a round into the upper seats, striking an innocent child in the head. Without hesitation, the man with his kids reaches for his gun. His heart starts leaping when he realizes there is no gun to grab. Guns were banned in America three months ago. Is this the world you’d like to live in? 

© 2015 JesseLKellogg


Author's Note

JesseLKellogg
This is my opinion and stand on gun control issues. I don't want someone starting a debate in the commits. Constructive criticism on the paper's composition itself is appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Great work! I totally agree with you on this! There really should be more awareness of and for the right to bear arms that is given to us by the Constitution and how just having a gun can provide security. Banning guns only causes law-abiding citizens to become vulnerable to those who do not care about the laws or obeying them.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Yes I agree completely! It is a stupid idea to prohibit guns because criminals will still find ways to kill, whether they find other guns or use other objects. I do believe if everyone had guns, crime would greatly decrease because people would be able to show they can defend themselves. It is a very sad thing when guards that are suppose to protect children and other people do not have guns on them, in my opinion they cannot stop a criminal as quickly, or at all, without guns. Having a sign saying "A gun free zone" is just a welcoming sign for criminals so I really like the idea about a sign saying "staff heavily armed and trained. Any attempt to harm children will be met with deadly force.” Lol again I shall say that the ending paragraph sounds like a nice short story idea XD

Good Job

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JesseLKellogg

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! :D
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

xD You're welcome! lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 17, 2015
Last Updated on December 17, 2015
Tags: Gun control, Government, Issues, Guns, Opinion, Shootings, Hunting, Second Amendment, NRA

Author

JesseLKellogg
JesseLKellogg

Lecanto, FL



About
I'm a simpleminded sinner saved by the grace of God. I love to making others smile and laugh; it's my part-time job. Give'em Heaven! more..

Writing
Impact Impact

A Story by JesseLKellogg