#Day6 Divine wisdom

#Day6 Divine wisdom

A Chapter by Jessi Leigh
"

Day 6 of #DigiWriMo

"
The not-so-funny thing is 7 months before Brian died I decided to change careers and train as a TRE (Trauma Releasing Exercises) Practitioner. I then chose to further my studies and do a BSc PPG as I felt that I didn't have enough of a psychological and physiological understanding of trauma and the body. Even though my step father had passed away two years prior, I had no idea of the first had experience that was about to come my way.
A day after Brian had passed I called up a friend who is a coach and asked her if I could come see her to just talk about Brian and what had happened. 

We sat in the lapa studio she had incense burning, a candle, pens and paper and tissues. I remember her crying the tears that I was swallowing, the deep breaths for every one I held, the warmth in her eyes and love in her guidance.

But the most important thing about this day was that I gave myself advice. 

When she asked me what I needed I said a plan.

How does one explain this to a reader or a listener?

Over a period of two or three hours and months and years of  TRE and other self work I was in my misty graveyard noting all the signposts I needed to get me out of the fog and back into the living light. 

I wrote up a healing timetable.
When to wake up, when to go to bed, when to switch my phone off, when to eat, who to call, who to tell me to eat, who to hug, what sports to do, what was nourishing, what wasn't. Room to discover more tricks, journalling, talking, crying, bodywork, body work and more bodywork - I wish I knew where this timetable was now as I would love to take a picture of it and put it up.

I think we were both exhausted after this, yet somehow there was this deep sense of knowing that all would be okay. It was a similar feeling to what I experienced looking out onto the sea later in the day that Brian had died. But this time I knew I had a plan, a something.


© 2013 Jessi Leigh


Author's Note

 Jessi Leigh
The other days are in my journal, I will post them up in the next couple of days. This is rough work as part of #DigiWriMo

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I always found it wasn't the plan that helped... it was awakening to wanting to breathe...and realizing you could - breathe.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
1 Review
Added on November 6, 2013
Last Updated on November 6, 2013


Author

 Jessi Leigh
Jessi Leigh

Cape Town, South Africa



About
I love to speak my mind. My words are rough and pretty raw. I get overwhelmed by life pretty easily, but love to push myself and see just how much I can take in. I'm here to learn, to grow, to e.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jessi Leigh