Til' the last match.

Til' the last match.

A Poem by Jilliana Michelle.
"

A man finds a girl who has given him a candle and 3 matches.

"
Found a girl who held a candle, melted partially through. She had given me this candle, and I wanted to continue. Found three matches, and started a flame.

 It burned passionately and she was very happy. A window was open, and wind struck in, the flame grew. Now the candle was melted halfway through. 

I hesitated with the second match, but I continued. She became very concerned, I was no longer at my best.  Days became sleepless, and depression was sneaking in. 

The rain came, and took out the flame. The candle was now practically through, I struggled this time, on the last match.

 I kept the last match, and left to find a place where it can be safe. I'm desperate to continue. 

I've finished the search, returned home and found that wax gathered throughout the house. Went in and tried to mend what was left.  

On the last match, there was no fight or shout. 
The last match just didn't work out. 
This flame is all washed out.

I'm very sorry, but I can't continue. 

-
Jilliana Michelle

© 2012 Jilliana Michelle.


Author's Note

Jilliana Michelle.
Let me know what you think! <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 24, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2012

Author

Jilliana Michelle.
Jilliana Michelle.

Moreno Valley, CA



About
I am always myself, so don't be afraid to express your thoughts on my personality. Even I do not know myself completely. My character builds over time, with every step. Live to learn, rather than.. more..

Writing