Christmas Miracle

Christmas Miracle

A Story by Jillianjiggs
"

this isn't actually mystery, suspense or thriller but i had no idea what this story fit into. It is kind of mystery, thriller and suspense though.

"

Christmas Miracle

It was 2 months before Christmas and I woke up to find my wife setting up the Christmas tree. She decorated it with silver garland and gold lights. She put some colorful decorations on it. I watched her put the angel on the top of the tree.

“It looks beautiful” I whispered into her ear. In return I got a kiss. I found my coffee sitting on the table in the mug that said ‘best husband’. I turned around and gathered her in my arms. Isabelle toddled into the room sucking her thumb and starring at the bright Christmas lights.

“Good morning izzy!” I scooped her into a bear hug. “How’s my birthday girl? You’re getting big, already one year old! Wow your getting old!” She just giggled. “Happy birthday Izzy!” Alicia exclaimed. I got my work clothes on and departed for the farm.

“Come with?”  I heard Isabel ask. I couldn’t refuse. Alicia dressed her quick and off we went.

“How’s the birthday girl today?” Grandma asked and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Grandpa scooped her up and tickled her. Isabelle squirmed and giggled. Grandma dressed her in little overalls and put a hat on her head. Isabelle and I headed to the combine while grandpa went to the truck. At lunch time we went home, there were birthday balloons hanging from the roof, friends sitting around the table and a cake on the table.

The next morning we woke up to the phone ringing. My wife; Alicia answered it she listened and then was shaking “What? No that can’t be. Where? When? How? WHERE ARE THEY? TELL ME” She sobbed. I heard the lady tell her to calm down. She explained everything. Her parents were in a car accident with a semi-truck. Alicia grabbed her jacket and keys and headed for the hospital. I was about to wake up our daughter but then the phone rang. It was the hospital. I was very nervous to answer it.

“Hello this is Doctor Jonathon. Is this Alicia’s husband Craig?” The doctor asked. “Well very sorry to tell you but your wife fainted and is in a coma right know.” I didn’t listen to the rest

“I’ll be there is a couple minutes” I said panting. This couldn’t be happening. I grabbed Isabelle and got in the car and drove to the hospital as fast as we could. The doctor explained everything to me about Alicia and her parents. Her mom was in the worst condition ever. She has to get a heart transplant and dad broke his arms, his jaw, and all his ribs. The doctors didn’t want to tell us, but there was a 50% chance they would live. I was so scared. All day I prayed and prayed. We had a ton of visitors that day, news had spread quickly. The next day I woke up in a chair next to my wife. I opened my eyes and saw her looking at me.

“Honey?” I asked. She looked scared her eyes were big. I quickly went and got a doctor. “She’s awake” I said excitedly.

“Yes sir, she’s been awake for a while know. But we have some news.” The doctors were making me sick telling me all this news. Why does this have to happen to my family at and it’s only a month and a couple weeks away from Christmas. The doctor continued “Your wife has cancer.” I had to sit down. I was so dizzy. I couldn’t take this all in. “It’s good we caught it know, it’s just starting. She will have surgery in a couple hours and if we get it all, she will be cancer free.”

It was 3 weeks before Christmas and my wife got out of the hospital. My wife was lucky and still had all her hair on her head.

 Alicia’s dad was doing better, but her mom still didn’t have a heart. Mary was still on life support and needed a heart in two weeks. We knew she couldn’t be home for Christmas. Alicia was stressed with her cancer and shopping for Christmas presents. I tried to do as much as I could to help her.

I woke up on Christmas morning to see my wife looking at me “Cancer sucks” She said. “I don’t like taking these shots everyday and pills. I still feel crappy and it’s just getting worse”

“Merry Christmas!” I said cheerfully trying to change the subject. I trudged into the kitchen and poured some coffee and sat down in front of the Christmas tree. Our little family; the 3 of us sat around the Christmas tree and opened presents.

“I wish mom could be here.” Alicia sighed. “I wish my cancer would go away and I wish dad could be here with us and enjoy Christmas with us.” I squeezed her hand and told her everything will be ok.

The phone rang “It’s the hospital” I told Alicia nervously. “everything will be ok” I must put on a brave face I thought. “Hello” I answered. The person on the other line asked if I was Alicia’s wife. Then he started explaining about Mary. I had no idea what he was saying. “What? Just tell me, is she ok or not?” The doctor then told me “Mary got a heart yesterday morning and she is in good condition.  Could you and your wife please come to the hospital right know because there’s other news we have for you.”

We dropped Isabelle off at our neighbors and Alicia, and I headed to the hospital.

“We had a little bit of a confusion” The doctor told us. He looked at Alicia “You do not have cancer. When we did your surgery it came out clean but you got mixed up with someone else’s.

“That’s great news!” I exclaimed. I gave her a big hug.

“Can we go home and enjoy Christmas like we used to?” She asked me. We had to fit Mary’s oxygen tanks and her wheelchair in the car, with all her stuff which was very squishy, but we managed to do it. We arrived at our house and picked up Izzy and I realized Dad wasn’t there. I was just about to drive over to his house.

“Howdy” a voice comes from the door. I opened it.

“Dad!” I had to bend down so I could hug him “Merry Christmas!” I pushed his wheel chair into the living room beside his wife. When we all got comfy we read the Christmas story and had a wonderful ‘miracle’ Christmas!

© 2013 Jillianjiggs


Author's Note

Jillianjiggs
ignore grammer and please tell you what you think of my story!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on July 14, 2013
Last Updated on July 14, 2013

Author

Jillianjiggs
Jillianjiggs

Canada



About
im a gymnast and i love candy, reading and writing storys! more..

Writing