Incarnated;

Incarnated;

A Poem by Jimi Brady
"

Being in a long-distance relationship, I couldn't help but imagine what it would be like the first time we saw each other in person. It ended up being almost exactly like this. :)

"
Standing on the precipice of a final stone step / balanced precariously on the edge of gravity’s great caress, I stretch my arms out wide, hoping to catch myself if the needle falls to either side. 

Opening my eyes begets the sunlight, and I blink a few times while the vertigo declines. Time’s up and my right foot leaves the dais to rest on a higher place; my left foot lingering while I contemplate my fate.

And there she is, waiting like I always knew she would be - dark hair and hazel eyes and all, poised to catch me if I should fall. I lift my left foot till it meets with my right, and I take two steps forward into the light, and I feel her eyes on my mind, pressing gently and forgetting time, and she’s standing in front of me while I’m contemplating the way her arms would feel in mine, and then they’re just that and I’m reeling from the way my hand feels on the small of her back, and she hasn't said a word but I’m listening all the same, her fingers tracing my lips while I’m whispering her name.  

© 2013 Jimi Brady


Author's Note

Jimi Brady
A poem written in story form.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This prose poem is absolutely beautiful. It caught my attention from the first time I read it. It flows perfectly and your rhyming seems completely natural and effortless as you paint this perfect picture of true love at first sight (if you will pardon the cliche). You describe things so vividly, and every time I read this, I can't help but fall in love with you just the same way I did the first time I read it. Vivid and (it will be) eerily accurate (in just over a month--again). Such a loving work, and as always, I love the way you use language and unconventional imagery to describe something very real and powerful.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 16, 2013
Last Updated on January 26, 2013

Author

Jimi Brady
Jimi Brady

Riverside, CA



About
My name is Jimi Brady, and I'm a musician. more..

Writing