Dream Stage

Dream Stage

A Story by Johnny Westbrook

  Dream Stage

Written By: Johnny L. Westbrook (a.k.a. Spade)

~

I was in a village where all the villagers were surrounding all the exits and entries to the inside. For people to be all in the open and as quiet as they were, you could tell that they were ready for a battle. Looking around I saw no one that stood out as to being the leader. I saw fear on many faces, and hate in others. A young woman not much younger than me came and stood by my side as she grabbed and squeezed my arm with nervousness.

I looked down at her and saw the fear on her face and her eyes. Right then and there, the killing begun. Men of the village where dropping two by two from only five men. For some reason while the villagers were fighting, I stood still watching the five men quickly spread out through the village like the wind. The young girl stayed attached to my arm as I forgot all about her until I felt her jump with fright as we both herd a huge explosion on the other side of the village.

As I looked at her, I wondered if the men were after her. And if so, why did she want me of all people to protect her? Before I could even think more about it, two of the five men stood in front of me. At the same time, both men kneed me in the stomach without me seeing it coming. As I fell to the ground, I asked myself what was I going to do. As I stood back up and looked at the two men, I then fell back to the ground as I spat out thick tasteless blood.

I knew the other three men were still on a rampage, because I continued to hear the screams of villagers from every direction. Soon after I stopped spitting up blood, I stood back up and stared at both men and saw the smiles of enjoyment on their faces. Are they after the girl? Are they after me? Or are they just here for their own amusement? I then also smiled as I knew this was going to be a hell of a fight for my life...

Both men separated, one to my left and the other to my right, then both dashed at me to attack. Barley being able to keep up with their speeds, some how I dodge the attack in time and made them punch one another on the jaw. As they both fell from their own impact, I gave my head a quick turn and saw that the young girl was gone. My suspicions of me being the target now seemed true since neither one of them pursued the girl.

Why me? What do they want with me? Why did they have to kill all of these villagers if they were looking for me? Cries and screams began to faint as the villagers were mostly dead. Are these guys really that strong to take out a village? Even if I believe it or not, that's what's happing. Once again, thinking too much threw me off guard and one of the two men dashed towards me and put his arm around my neck. Before he could think about squeezing my neck, I knocked his hand off my neck and kneed him right under his jaw. As he feel to the ground, the other man glowed with a light red surrounding his body.

As I wonder what the hell that was, the man I knocked down was now behind me with his arms under my arms and behind my head, making it for I can't move my upper body. As he took a step towards me and his colleague, three men came from my left. I can easily tell that there not the three men that traveled with these two, they were young villagers. They all charges the man that glowed red, but all degenerated as he casted them away with some type of fire that came from his hands.

How did he do that? Who are these guys? How the hell am I going to beat someone that just did that? After he took another step towards me I tried my best to get free from the other man's hold but couldn't even budge... As the man took another step towards me, the other man tightened his grip around me and kicked me on the back of my knees. As the man to another step I fell to my knees, still in the hold from the other man who continued to tighten his grip. Damn it! He's getting too close. What is he going to do to me?

As he walked toward me, I felt the heat from his body... like there was a fire. As he took another step closer, I knew that was too many steps he took. I then tried everything and more to get free of the man but still couldn't budge. Sweat begun to run down my face as my heart pounded harder and faster from a unknown feeling I felt. My body begun to shake as he continued to take his time walking towards me. As I continued to try and break the hold one of the men had on me, my mind got closer and closer to insanity.

I felt both fear and hatred in my body at the same time as I felt something else. Kind of feel like I'm sick or something. But that feeling went away as I herd the scream of a young girl. I never herd her voice, but I believed that that's the girl that was standing beside me earlier. I tried not to worry or think about it since I was having my own problems and couldn't do anything about it. As the man got closer to me, the closer my mind went into insanity. I now felt a heat like fire surrounding my body as he stood about four feet from me. I closed my eyes as my sweat from the heat poured into my eyes.

After I closed my eyes, I herd the man take another step, but this time it was two steps and they were quicker. As I thought about it, that meant that he was only about two feet away. From knowing how close he was to me, my mind finally went completely insane and the fear that I was feeling moments ago now had vanished. I finally opened my eyes and saw that he was right in front of me with a flame in his left hand. As I looked into his eyes, all I wanted to do now was make him scream in agony.

Insanity driven into a mad man as I stared at the man in front of me. When he lowered his hand to set me on fire, somehow my left arm get free and I grabbed his arm. As he looked at his hand then looked back at me, he saw nothing but the corruption and hatred within me. He then tried to free his hand as he jerked back, but with no prevail, his arm was still in my grasp. From being completely insane, I let my insanity turn more and more into hatred. As the man behind me finally let go of my right arm, he then wrapped his arm around my neck and tried to choke me out. But he couldn't as I gave him a head butt with the back of my head to his nose. As he let go the hold and took a step back, I then squeezed the hand of the other man then whipped him at the other with all my might.

As their bodies hit with contact and before the both of them fell, I now was on the attack. As the bodies were intact, I charged at them with no type or emotions in me and gave the one I threw a jump kick to his back as he gave out a faint cry. Breaking his spinal cord and paralyzing him. They both then fell to the ground and the one not paralyzed jumped back up. Without any concern of his partner, he once again dashed head on towards me then jumped to the right when I swung my right arm. After landing and before I could react, he once again dashed towards me, but now quicker than before. Without knowing that he was even back on the attack, he came from my side and stabbed me with a dagger to my ribs. I was now eternity bleeding.                       

Stunned by my stabbed ribs, the man looked at his companion just to see that he was still on the ground. As he was checking on his friend, I finally came back to my senses and begun to pull out the knife from my side. As I was pulling out the knife, the pain finally kicked in and I couldn't take it no more and had to yell out in pain. Tears came down my eyes from the unbearable pain that was too much for any man, warrior or not. Finally done pulling the knife from my ribs, blood raced down my ribs to my leg.

Now covered in blood and somewhat dizzy, I begun to stumble as my surroundings spun around. Not able to stand straight with everything spinning, I tripped over my own feet and dropped to the floor, but quickly tried to get back up. As I got to my hands and knees, I herd footsteps running towards me, getting close way too quickly. With everything still spinning, I didn't know where he was coming from.

Out of nowhere, an aggressive kick landed on my wounded ribs, causing me to jump to my feet from the impact, but back to my knees from the pain. I put my right arm on the wound to stop the blood from rushing out, with little prevail. Little by little, everything spinning came to a halt and everything was once again how it supposed to be. More feet begun to rush in towards my destination, and I somehow knew that they weren't coming my way to help me.

            Staggering and gaining my ground, I stand up and nearly drop back down from pain and exhaustion. But as stubborn as I am, somehow I barely stay on my feet as the muscles in my chest began to twitch. My muscles are maxed out and this guy is just starting to get wormed up and pissed off.

 

© 2008 Johnny Westbrook


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really interesting and the description is really quite good. There are two things that I think would be your friend though: a spell checker and a friend who loves to proofread. There were a lot of little typos and minor grammar mistakes and it detracted from the story. I just think your imagination is too good and the concepts and images you are setting down are too vivid to be overshadowed by poor grammar and spelling. Keep up the good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is really interesting and the description is really quite good. There are two things that I think would be your friend though: a spell checker and a friend who loves to proofread. There were a lot of little typos and minor grammar mistakes and it detracted from the story. I just think your imagination is too good and the concepts and images you are setting down are too vivid to be overshadowed by poor grammar and spelling. Keep up the good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First of all, this is one of your best, mainly because it has a lot of description, especially in the realm of fighting, painting a picture for the reader. Also, I noticed you write a lot of stories dealing with weaker woman, women who need protection. Probably coming from the theme of ninjas etc. which I am not familar with. I kind of like that. Cause we are a reflection of our poetry. Are you the big strong man in those stories ready to defend the woman? hee hee.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008
Last Updated on February 20, 2008

Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..