MoNsTeR

MoNsTeR

A Story by Johnny Westbrook
"

No description needed

"

MoNsTeR

      No matter where I turn, no matter where I look, I see a monster. A monster created from sadness, pain, loneliness, and suffering. And when I close my eyes, I see the monster much clearer. Ruthless, heartless, consciousness. No more does it show emotion, that’s why I call him Monster. It has a one track mind and it can never be reasoned with, I know, I tried.

      Monster only shows rage now, Monster only now does reckless things, Monster destroys the world that no one sees. Minute by minute, I see Monster’s anger rise. I just don’t know how to calm it down. But who am I to do such a thing? No one else tried to, so why should I?

      No one gave a damn about Monster so why do I try to calm Monster? Because of my own fear maybe? Because I see the outcome of the Monster’s damage? Even though many can’t see what Monster is destroying right this second, I know they will when it’s too late. There will people crying, people gathering, and people talking about who Monster use to be.

      I knew Monster before they called him Monster. I can’t help but to know Monster since Monster been around since I could remember. As I stand here and fell Monster’s carnage, I know I must stop Monster somehow, and the only way I know, is by going to hell. I think it’s time that I stop the one I know best, the one that knows me best. I think it’s time for me to kill Monster.

 

~Johnny Westbrook~

© 2010 Johnny Westbrook


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like....the inner darker being...This is the feeling most people get when they have been pushed to the edge and feel that vengeance is the best key to heal the hurt. Usually this feeling lasts only temporary....but with some people, the monster never dies :)

~awesome write~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The picture was frightening if I saw that in real life I would run like the wind. And look back thinking it wasn't real it was all a dream or maybe it was just a myth. I like how you question yourself in this story and draws the readers attention on how you feel about yourself. I could imagine what you would be like if you met yourself. Talking and asking to yourself about this monster that disturbs, ruins and destroys your life. Short and stunning story

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:( This makes me sad.
The metaphor is very apt and you used it well throughout this piece. I saw a dangerous monster reading this, though I don't believe you are one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this was an awsoem write it reminded me of the song monster by skillet you have an amazing sense of description. this is my favorite of your writng because it scared me ! lol great job johnny! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow!!!!! That was excellent. From the avatar to the title, to the short nature of it, it has a lot of symbolism in it. Very unique. I think you are talking about the Monster in you. I know I have that monster sometimes, especially when I am angry...oooh...everyone watch out! lol. Write some more. Lovin it. And I'm jealous cause "Johnny Westbrook" is such a good writer name. Talk soon.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

730 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 11, 2010
Last Updated on May 11, 2010

Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Deep Deep

A Poem by Just Charles