Eve Immortal - Chapter 5: Metamorphosis

Eve Immortal - Chapter 5: Metamorphosis

A Chapter by Jodi Lind Kuehn

...What?! I stared dumbly at her, my mouth half open. I wasn’t a vampire. That was good. But what did she mean I wasn’t human?


Tarja sighed after a minute went by and I was still staring dumbly at her. “Here,” she said standing up and pulling me to my feet. “You might as well see.” She faced me towards the wall where the quilt had been hanging. Apparently it had been covering a large gilded mirror.


I stared into the mirror, but I didn’t recognize the figure before me. She was stunningly beautiful. Her skin was palest ivory and flawless. Not a wrinkle or blemish or freckle in sight. Her cheekbones were higher than mine, her chin narrower, the shape of her face less round and more heart-shaped. But her hair was the most shocking of all. Pure white, like snow. Thick with curls, it wasn’t the thin, dull, wispy white hair you see on little old ladies. Framing the flawless youthful face, the hair didn’t make her look old at all. It was cut the same as mine, shorter at the back at the nape of the neck and angled slightly longer on the sides towards the front. Large curls framed her face that I was now noticing for the first time out of my peripheral vision. Even more bizarre than the hair, was the white eyebrows and eyelashes. It had the odd appearance of having been out in a blizzard and having had snowflakes frozen to them. The girl in the mirror blinked rapidly, as if shake the frost from her lashes.


I leaned in closer to the mirror, and dragging my eyes away from the shock of white hair, finally took notice of her eyes. My eyes.


They were exactly as they had been before. One blue, one hazel. The same eyes that looked back at me in the mirror every morning were staring wide-eyed back at me now.


I almost wished the eyes had been as different and alien as the rest and I could have easily remained in denial. But seeing that one point of familiarity forced me to face the truth.


This stranger in the mirror was me.


And if I wasn’t a vampire, and I wasn’t human, than what the hell was I?



© 2013 Jodi Lind Kuehn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on November 30, 2013
Last Updated on November 30, 2013


Author

Jodi Lind Kuehn
Jodi Lind Kuehn

MN



About
I'm creative. I'm obsessed with details. I'm bold. I'm an entrepreneur. I'm honest. I'm a designer. I'm a coder. I'm a researcher. I'm a photographer. I'm an editor. I'm young. I'm old. I'm a wife. I'.. more..

Writing