Chance

Chance

A Poem by Joey Martinez

It’s becoming hard to find a way to begin these written thoughts. My mind has become clogged with photographs of you. My ears faintly hear your voice as the wind blows. I live in sanity do not fear, but you have taken over isn’t it clear? 26 years and counting but we’re all due to fall victim to the spell of intimacy sooner or later. Intimacy, how did I fall victim to it while being so far away from you.... ironic. Throughout that time I went through this disintegration of all things negative but here I am nearly whole again. I’m still utterly confused on how I became fused with the emotions I tried to hide but here I am. So many acquaintances of mine have gone through this before and I was the one who laughed, believing I’ll never fall victim to such pain.... but here I am. Confused, torn, but ecstatic to behold it. I wish I mastered my words so you can understand how I truly feel but I still stumble my way across the page trying my best. No woman has ever made me feel this way, nor do I believe will it happen again. I believe these occurrences, these intimate emotions of uncertainty happen once and this is it. You have a power I can’t understand, is it your face? Your voice? Your touch? I haven’t figured, I hope to truly experience you so I can have my answer. There’s truly no one like you... all these years of knowing you and I haven’t scratched the surface. I don’t deserve to, but I’m hoping I come across a lucky rabbits foot to be granted a chance to witness you once again.

© 2020 Joey Martinez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on December 4, 2020
Last Updated on December 4, 2020

Author

Joey Martinez
Joey Martinez

Paterson , NJ



About
Poetry in motion more..

Writing