Codex: Vantar

Codex: Vantar

A Story by John
"

Loose ideas for a fiction based on Ben 10 and Metroid Prime Hunters.

"
The Vantar are giant insectoid organisms native to the planet Beta-38 in the Milky Way galaxy. A planet that has long been in the presence of a red giant stage sun, there are traces of previous life in this planet's fossil record from when the sun was younger and more facilitating towards life. Nonetheless, what does remain is extremely hardy.

Members of the Vantar are in the range of 3-4 feet tall and 6-7 feet wide. They bare a resemblance to ladybugs in structure, though not in outward appearance, members of this species are covered with a black, feltlike material all across their exoskeleton that has the properties of vantablack, absorbing 99% of all heat and being able to photosynthesize energy for the organism and easily distribute heat. It also can open up the shell of it's exoskeleton to reveal a pair of wings, clear on the middle and opague near the edges. When this creature opens up it's thick wings, a glasslike structure, sheening in every color of the light spectrum coats the surface of them, this structure is used to forcibly dissipate excess heat and, in the event of a threat, can be used to aim and focus sunlight, or shoot a concentrated beam of amplified internal light energy in the form of a laser stored via the feltlike outside structure.

Vantar have a lifespan of about 4 years on the low end, and 6 years on the high end. They reproduce asexually via eggs.

~The Archivist

© 2023 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on January 21, 2023
Last Updated on January 21, 2023

Author

John
John

Uniontown, PA



About
I'm just an man trying to sharpen my skill. I like to write dark fiction. more..

Writing
Codex: Megacap Codex: Megacap

A Story by John