Codex: Chimera Infernus

Codex: Chimera Infernus

A Story by John
"

A plot of loose ideas inspired by Ben 10 and Metroid Prime.

"
Deep within the caustic wastelands of Hades, a strange creature has adapted for life on a waterless, arid, acid filled planet.
Standing at a general measurement of 4 feet tall, the Chimera Infernus, has the skin and eyes of a lizard, the antlers of a moose, the general form and fur of a bear, and the vocalizations of a lion.

The Chimera Infernus has the remarkable ability to vent off heat and waste, both as a survival and defense mechanism by lighting off the caustic sweat that coagulates around it's outer coat of fur, igniting it in a blaze while the fireproof inner coat stays intact. This outer coat is remarkably fast growing, being able to grow up to two inches in five hours. This is also used as a detterant to predators and can be done at will, but most specimens that have been observed always seem to vent around midnight, when the air is cooler and thus the creature can disperse more heat.
Logically, the saliva of the creature is also acidic and can be ignited at will, in the form of expelling flames from the mouth or globules of spit that can be hurled as an attack mechanism. This acid is highly corrosive, and will burn through skin and bone even without being ignited.
The Chimera Infernus also has extremely sharp claws which are used to leave scrape marks in rocks, which along with excrement, are used to mark the creatures territory.
Chimera Infernus are solitary creatures, avoiding each other whenever possible except for during mating season and rearing, the mating season is always during night and occurs three times a year. The females give birth to live young in litters of up to three, which are born in cave dens with caustic acid puddles in them and weaned out of their dens after four months. The males of the species do not have any involvement in rearing young or establishing and guarding dens.

~The Archivist

© 2023 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on May 25, 2023
Last Updated on May 25, 2023

Author

John
John

Uniontown, PA



About
I'm just an man trying to sharpen my skill. I like to write dark fiction. more..

Writing
Codex: Vantar Codex: Vantar

A Story by John


Codex: Megacap Codex: Megacap

A Story by John