A classical 12 days Lhasa Mt Kailash Kathmandu tour

A classical 12 days Lhasa Mt Kailash Kathmandu tour

A Story by TMtibettour
"

This 12 days Lhasa Mt.Everest & Mt Kailash Kora Pilgrimage group tour is our new small group. It's good news for travelers who'd like to do 3 days trekking around Mt.Kailash and overland to Nepal.

"


Day 1: You will arrive at Lhasa Airport on this day and greet your guide at Lhasa Airport/Railway to take you to the hotel. In order to adapt to the high altitude of Tibet, it is best to take a break and not exercise vigorously. Remember to drink plenty of water and eat less high-carb foods to help you better adapt to the plateau.
Day 2: After breakfast at the hotel, the tour guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby and then take you to Drepung Monastery, which is about 10 km north of Lhasa. In the afternoon, you will visit the Sera Monastery, another temple in the “Three Great” Gelugpai temples in Tibet, where there are more than 600 monks. You will have a welcome dinner tonight to talk to group members from around the world.
Day 3: Today, you will visit the most famous Potala Palace according to the time of purchase. During the tourist season, the visit time is limited.
At noon, the tour guide will take you to a nice restaurant for lunch and rest. In the afternoon, you will head to the Jokhang Temple, which was established by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. Inside, you can see the 12-year-old Buddha statue of Sakyamuni. Outside, you can see pilgrimages from the former Jokhang Temple. Around the temple is Barkhor Street, where you can do Kora with pilgrims and locals and explore the old market.
Day 4: We will pass the Kampala Pass (4794m) on the way from Lhasa to Shigatse and visit Yamdrok Lake. Covering an area of 638Km2, we will pass the Karola Glacier on the roadside later. Then visit the main monastery of Gyantse, the monastery of Pelkor Chode.
Day 5: In the morning, we will visit the Tashilunpo Monastery, the hometown of Panchan Lama, then drive to Latse and you may have lunch at a local restaurant. After a short break, you will continue to Tingri. In the late afternoon, you enter the mountain. Everest National Nature Reserve. You can enjoy panoramic views of the Himalayas from the Gawula Pass (5198m). Then, we follow the new tortuous road and arrive at Rongpuk or the tent camp for the night. If the weather is good, you can clearly see the golden sunset at the peak of Mount Everest.
Day 6: If the weather is good, you can get up early and enjoy the Everest Peak sunrise at Everest Base Camp. After that, head to Saga, and on the way, you can see the 14th peak of the world, Stone Mountain (8012m). After that, you will arrive at Lake Peikutso (4590m) and rest there. Then continue to Saga, if you are lucky enough, you will most likely see wild animals such as wild donkeys, wild antelopes and so on.
Day 7: Today, you will spend a lot of time, but the scenery along the way is worth a look. As we drive, you will admire the breathtaking views of the southern Himalayas and the northern Himalayas through the vast plains. This area is home to nomads and you will see beautiful grasslands and local villages. On this exciting journey, you will pass through sand dunes, mountains and sandstone valleys before reaching Darchen, where you can explore the town of Darchen.
Day 8: In the morning, you will take the eco bus to the Sarshung Valley and start hiking there. You will travel about 15 km from the Sarshung Valley to Drirapuk Monastery and stay there in a hotel.
Day 9: Today is the most challenging day on a hike, and you will cross the highest passage of Kora, the Dromala Pass (5630m). After a short break at the top of the mountain, we will climb down the valley and stop at the Shabjay Dakpo nomadic tent for lunch. On the way, you can rest in the tea house. You will then continue to Zultupk. Finally, you will visit the Zuturpuk Monastery.

Day 10: This is a hard day. You will travel 9 km to complete Kora, then take the eco-bus back to Darchen. Then, take the shuttle back to Darchin, about 3 km away. We will take you from Daban to the largest holy lake in Mansarova, Tibet. If the weather is good, you can see the magnificent view of Manassaro Lake. If you feel good, you can wander along the lakeshore for a while. Then you will travel to CMB.
Day 11: Today, we will drive from CMB to Jirong Town. In the afternoon, you will visit the Gyirong Valley. You will see the forest of desire and breathe fresh air.
Day 12: The tour guide will help you to leave China. Transfer customers at the Jikun border.

© 2019 TMtibettour


Author's Note

TMtibettour
I have extensive knowledge in Tibet to Nepal tour.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 30, 2019
Last Updated on October 30, 2019
Tags: Kora, EBC

Author

TMtibettour
TMtibettour

Lhasa, China



Writing