Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
What is Bon Religion?

What is Bon Religion?

A Story by TMtibettour
"

Bon is a native religion in Tibet and has a history of more than 3,800 years. Its founder was the master of gShen rab mi bo, who was born in the Ali area of Tibet in 1917 BC.

"
“Bon” is the belief of ancient ancestors on the plateau and has a long history. Shenrab Mivo is the first founder of the mortal world. In the legend, the founder came from heaven and was born from the remains of mortal parents. Shenrab Mivo has developed a complete theoretical system of religion and religious rules, and has continuously established and improved the corresponding classics, temples and so on. Unlike the early Bon religion, it is called Yong Zhong Bon. The development of Bonism can be roughly divided into three periods: the first period, the second period was before the establishment of the Tibetan Empire in Srongtsen Gampo, and the third period began from the Tubo Kingdom.

In Bon's belief, everything in nature, including the sky, the earth, the sun, the moon, lightning, thunder, animals and plants, has its own spiritual worship. Earlier followers only indulged in divination, prayer, exorcism, sacrifices and other activities by sometimes using supernatural magic. Later, they absorbed the essence of the Buddhist scriptures and formed their own classic Dharma and a series of regulations.

Many Tibetans still believe that Bon is their religion, but Bon has no monastery. There are many monasteries in Buddhism. The typical Tibetan flag on the mountain is the spirit of controlling the mountains. They are from Bon. The mill containing the spell comes from Buddhism. Therefore, these two religions live in peace and respect each other. Bon is an important part of Tibetan culture. It has extensive and far-reaching influence in Tibet and is the enlightenment culture of the Tibetan people. It retains a large number of intact Tibetan cultural spirits and cultural heritages from the original period. The Tibetan world view, ethical thoughts and customs of life are closely related to the Bon religion in Tibet. Although Bon is the original religion of Tibet, it is also influenced by Buddhism. The connection between the state and Buddhism is very close. The current Bon religion looks more like Buddhism.

© 2019 TMtibettour


Author's Note

TMtibettour
The author of this article has extensive knowledge in Bon Religion

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on October 31, 2019
Last Updated on October 31, 2019
Tags: Buddhism, Bon

Author

TMtibettour
TMtibettour

Lhasa, China



Writing