Communication

Communication

A Poem by Patience

I feel your always mad at me, Nothing I say ever feels ok. Nothing I do, is ever suffice for you. I always feel like your putting me down, never once are you proud of me, always ready to correct me and condone me.

It truly hurts when you question me as a Mother, my greatest joy, my most blessed gift, my job like no other. I know I don't always do things the way you would or in your eyes correct, parenting doesn't come with a handbook, so mistakes you can expect.

It hurts and belittles me when you treat me like a child, we are coparents and equals, we must stand with each other.

Im not sure you realize how often you do this, you talk to me like Im at times worthless. You are a very intelligent man, but it truly hurts when you speak down upon me, it makes my blood boil, I feel stupid and less worthy.

I have a question Id like to ask you, if I feel its not me whom is mean, angry and unhappy, If I feel Im not the one with the problem, respectfully could it possibly be you reflecting your own feelings about you and your own  truths. 

Maybe your the one that feels mean and is angry, maybe your the one that truly isn't happy.

I believe its time for you to look inside yourself, can you live with me and all my flaws, or will we continue to miscommunicate, argue, and fight, and continue to resent each other and then one day ourselves.

Ill wait until you've had time to sit with my questions and think things thru, then we need to make some hard decisions that are best fir you and I and our little dependent.

One more thing I must ask you, is the critique to mask a possible secret and truth.

© 2017 Patience


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You can definitely feel the emotion in this piece. Well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on September 17, 2017
Last Updated on September 17, 2017

Author

Patience
Patience

Marysville, PA



About
Separated Mother of 10 year old girl more..

Writing
Year End Year End

A Poem by Patience


Here Alone Here Alone

A Poem by Patience