Pride

Pride

A Poem by Kaye Adell

Why do we treat each other the way we do? Do we ever stop to think how we treat each other? We don't try to work things out. We just scream and yell, and then, there is silence...neither side ever speaks to the other side ever again. Relationships are broken, and what's it for? We do this because I have to be right, and you have to be wrong. We do this because of PRIDE. We are a prideful people. We try to glamorize our pride in society, and it tares us apart. There is a difference between pride and self-respect. That's what we need to learn. We need to learn respect everyone we meet. One day the person that you love the most might not be there because of that pride.

© 2013 Kaye Adell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very true..and because of this..I try not to ever go to bed without a resolution between myself and the one I am angry at. Not worth it at all. Nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece speaks quite loudly. You have a very good point. I don't know where you live, but in America, the mentality of just about everyone is like this. It's rather annoying how people can't be wrong for just once.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kaye Adell

11 Years Ago

I'm American too. I wrote this because one of my study abroad sponsors was telling our class how in .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2013
Tags: pride, respect, self, we, I, you, relationships

Author

Kaye Adell
Kaye Adell

About
Writing is a hobby of mine that very few people know about. I hope your reviews will help me become a better author. I've thought about writing for a career but not too seriously. more..

Writing