Space To Breathe

Space To Breathe

A Story by JontheNerd

The sun seems brighter than usual. I can feel its warmth slowly encase my entire being. It feels nice. It feels still. My body seems numb, almost asleep. I want to move but the fear of leaving this current state of peace hinders any movement. I think I can stay like this forever. Maybe not forever. I need to get back. I have to help her. She was going to make it. Wait…no, she wasn’t. I had to do it. Where did she go? It wasn’t my fault…I can still hear her scream. And that’s what woke me from my rest.

 

This is not good. The sun seemed brighter because I guess when you are floating around in space it seems larger. I could see the remaining ship parts floating near me. They were scarred and ripped apart. There was nothing I could do. She was taking too long. We were going to run out of air. I had to do it.

 

What do I do next? I am trapped. How can you be trapped in space? It’s a big place. But somehow this place has sunk me into a hole in which I cannot escape. My ship is gone and my last remaining bits of oxygen is dwindling. She would know what to do. She was smart. But I let her die. But I had to do it. The main deck was losing oxygen and I could not wait…or could I have? She was in the rear of the ship fixing a technical problem to adjust the thrusters to get us moving. She would have waited for me.

 

But now it doesn’t matter. She is gone and I will be soon. It’s getting cold now. I feel my oxygen levels draining. She would have waited. I let her go and now I am alone. To die.

 

Space is a marvelous place. A frightening, marvelous place. I wish I could have enjoyed it. I wanted to explore it and found what it was hiding. A marvelous place. A peaceful place. A place to rest.

 

The sun seems brighter than usual. I can feel its warmth slowly encase my entire being. It feels nice. It feels still. My body seems numb, almost…asleep.

© 2015 JontheNerd


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was interesting, a bit closer to heaven. It seems like part of a bigger story.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 4, 2015
Last Updated on September 4, 2015
Tags: space, dark, alone