Reinstate

Reinstate

A Poem by Joe Palmer

And as quick as you arrived, you return from whence thy came.

No remorse, sympathy, no sign of pain.

I understand now, life is built upon simple pleasures,

of which you weren’t the most simple, but brought the most joy, eccentrically pleasing in just the smallest of measures.

And as hard as I try, you will no doubt cast a blind eye,

as if you have severe dementia, please baby, let’s resume our adventure?

We had love... that sacred emotion,the binding, healing sense that causes so commotion.

And maybe we let it slip, like the bigger dipper, we rose high the sunk into the dip, such a trip.

Yet common knowledge reminds us, that naturally, gravity, will reinstate the coaster to its original plane, nothing lost nothing gained.

 Free to re-live its journey, just with different people in different seats,

Still to complete the most marvellous and challenging feats.

I urge you darling, to see past the materialistic world, that you so dearly craved,

Of cheap thrills, loud base lines, the same old same.

I can give you something else, a sense of belonging, commitment, chivalry,

A fresh breath of health.

I can challenge you, and test, broaden you, evoke feelings yet to be expressed.

Protective and engulfing maybe, but certain not dull, mundane, casual,

You know I have difficulty with my emotions, I struggle to contain.

Please realise your potential, detached from the norm, express yourself through me,

Grow, develop, change, and go exponential.

© 2011 Joe Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So intricately written, I really enjoyed it (maybe because it reminds me so much of myself not too long ago :) I truly connected with it thank you for posting. Favorite line: "I can challenge you, and test, broaden you, evoke feelings yet to be expressed." Just love it. (Oh, and Hold On too!)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That's quite the write. So deep in thought and such connection towards someone. Also applying the worlds many holdings. It reminds me of me and my other, only trying to help and better one another. I love it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So intricately written, I really enjoyed it (maybe because it reminds me so much of myself not too long ago :) I truly connected with it thank you for posting. Favorite line: "I can challenge you, and test, broaden you, evoke feelings yet to be expressed." Just love it. (Oh, and Hold On too!)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 20, 2011
Last Updated on October 25, 2011

Author

Joe Palmer
Joe Palmer

Aberdeen, Scotland , United Kingdom



About
poetry; my non-chemical stimulation. 24, PhD student in Aberdeen/Nottingham. I'm sporadically on twitter @joepalmertfn. I compose and play guitar for a little band, although we're currently on hia.. more..

Writing