Entry #5: Falling From Heaven

Entry #5: Falling From Heaven

A Chapter by J.J. Matthews
"

I don't like flying as much as I used to anymore.

"

In this one I was flying. It was an amazing feeling. Soaring through the air and feeling the wind strike at my face. I’d never felt so free. It was like all the problems and difficulties I had in my life were gone, left on the ground only to watch me as I soared freely in the sky. It was the best experience of my life. I was soaring above the clouds and I saw an airplane flying next to me. I banked right and moved closer to the plane. A small, blonde haired child was playing on a GameBoy Advance when he looked at me. His mouth was wide open and I waved at him. He laughed at me and waved back and tried to get his mum’s attention but with no result. He looked at me and I put my finger to my lips as if telling him to keep our meeting a secret. He nodded with a childish grin and I couldn't help but laugh for a few seconds. 


I slowed down slightly to a few windows down and saw an older man, presumably mid-50’s, sipping his tea and reading the inflight magazine. He turned to the window, saw me and spat out his tea all over the window. The plane passed my by as I was laughing hysterically in mid air. I wasn't even scared of losing my altitude as I was suspended in mid air, gasping for breath after each laugh. It wasn't the typical laugh after hearing a good joke or even the big laugh after seeing a hilarious act but the kind of primitive laugh made when something definitely strikes at you. The kind of laugh that comes from a deep, healthy place which leaves you feeling spiritually refreshed afterwards.


I continued onwards through the sky when I felt something stinging at my side. It felt like someone had shot me through the stomach. I felt a sharp pain shoot through my body and then a constant, burning tear a hole in my chest. As I felt this I began to fall. I felt a sick feeling rising in my abdomen as I plummeted toward the floor. All sorts of emotions were running high as the ground became clearer. The green fields were clearer and nearer. I prayed to God for help. I screamed for my family. I searched for any other planes or helicopters or anything. There was no hope. The ground was closer. I was going to die. I let a final thought pass through my head and the floor was now only an inch from my face. I woke up sweating and shaking.



© 2015 J.J. Matthews


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on November 13, 2015
Last Updated on November 13, 2015


Author

J.J. Matthews
J.J. Matthews

United Kingdom



About
Welcome to my Writer's Café Page. I am also on a number of other writing websites as shown below; Booskie: https://www.booksie.com/users/Joshua+Matthews-177295 Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.co.. more..

Writing
Wither Wither

A Poem by J.J. Matthews


Yes, Sir Yes, Sir

A Chapter by J.J. Matthews