Faceless

Faceless

A Story by Nwaeze Joshua
"

"Flash Story Telling Poetry"

"

“Crying and sobbing......”


I speak not of the many times I was molested, beaten abused all in the name of marriage; I’ll only speak of the times I tried taking my life, you see three times, not minding what the world would think, nor imagining the horrors my actions would have on my two beautiful daughters, how I would be remembered by my two cuties of someone who abandoned them in this faceless world.

Don’t you show me what I got to live for, don’t you dare blame my actions and call them cruel it hurts, please am tired of fighting to justify myself to you. When I came crying, begging looking for a deliverer you went cold, telling me it’s all part of marriage, they are never bed of roses, that I should deal with it, I should pray that he would change. This isn’t the union I dreamt of, this isn’t what God designated, wives be treated this way in their matrimonial homes, to take in the beatings and give out smiles, take in the abuse, the hurts and give hope.

You each told me your experiences, stop telling me your experiences am tired of hearing them, mine would be my demise.

Mummy I ran to and you played same rhyme they did, I was broken, humiliated yet you did nothing, you stood and watched  daddy I wish you were here, to tell me what to do, to deliver me to end this torture by my captive my husband .

Tell my kids am sorry, tell Nne and Chisom I wasn’t  brave enough, tell them this isn’t the future I planned for them, tell them I failed them, tell them not to hate their father, Mummy please take care of them.

“….Death must be beautiful to lie on the soft brown Earth, the thick grasses wavering over ones head to be at peace like a sunflower, welcomed back to the warm embrace of dust”     

© 2020 Nwaeze Joshua


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on May 11, 2020
Last Updated on May 14, 2020

Author

Nwaeze Joshua
Nwaeze Joshua

Delta State, Southern Nigeria, Nigeria



Writing