Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Jozlynn

None of the busy townsfolk noticed the silver eyed girl as she walked hastily through Dover alone. In her left hand was a tattered bear, and her right was occupied by a poorly sewn bag filled with some of her belongings. Her sandy blonde curls danced behind her as she began to run to escape the rotten, smokey smell of the city streets. Her delicate, yellow silk dress became snagged on a jagged rock, and tore slightly as she yanked it away. The beach she thought, sighing gently. She admired the golden sand and the sea's almost indescribable features. She paused for a moment to relish the scene laid before her. She was awoken from here daydreams by a slight shove from a passing crowd. As she walked onto the docks, her glossy white shoes clacked against the wooden planks.

 

Surrounding here were many a ship as they bobbed up and down in the water, crates and people crowding atop of them. One ship stuck out particularly among the others. Its sails were, as her uncle had once said, whiter than the clouds above them on a warm, sunny day. Its dark timbers were recently polished and its size was of the average ship, though it was twice as fast as any other. The Red Bravado it was known as.

 

The young girl climbed into an open crate that was to be boarded on The Red Bravado. Not too long after, she felt the crate being lifted and carried away. After the man who had carrried the crate aboard the ship left, she crawled out to find that she was in the cook's quarters. She waited until she heard the shouts of the crew and the lurch of the boat. Only then did she dare to step outside. The crew were busying about keeping the boat properly in motion as this young girl quietly walked about, looking for someone.

 

Suddenly, she shrieked when she felt herself being jerked into the air.



© 2010 Jozlynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this so far. maybe the Sailor in me...lol. I hope you continue!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow... great use of imagery. it seems like it could be intresting...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2010
Last Updated on January 9, 2010


Author

Jozlynn
Jozlynn

WY



Writing
Elfin Elfin

A Book by Jozlynn


Elfin Elfin

A Chapter by Jozlynn


Chapter I Chapter I

A Chapter by Jozlynn