The Lurking

The Lurking

A Story by Kyori Kia
"

Two teens venture to a place no one should go.

"

It's a Thursday night and I'm writing a scary story for my English class. I'm half way through when my mind goes blank. I decide to go the my friend's house to watch scary stories hoping to get an idea where to head next in my story.


"Hey Mike."


Mike has gorgeous hazel hair with green eyes, he's tall and skinny with a corky grin.


"Hey Silvie, come in and prepare to get your scare on."


So I go in and we fix popcorn. The first movie we watch was Tortured, then Dark Shadows. We watch about five movies.


"Getting scared yet?" Mike asked with a big grin


"You know I don't scare easy" I replied with a smirk


"Yeah yeah, you and your long brown locks, and brilliant eyes."


"Mt natural defense."


"Then let's scare you. How about we go into the woods right now. I've got all the supplies in the kitchen."


"I've been told that in the deepest darkest parts of the night creatures lurk and maniacs live, pyschos hunt, you cannot live."


"So are you getting scared of a little myth?"


"No way! Give me your best shot!"


So we head out into the forest behind Mike's house. The further we get the darker it feels. You can hear he animals scurry around looking for a feast.


"You didn't didn't tell me it was gonna be this cold!" I yelled at Mike shivering


"I honestly didn't know, it's not supposed to be this cold or dark.. maybe the myth is true.."


"Oh, so you're the one who's gonna chicken out now huh."


"No, but you have to admit this is strange."


"Maybe." I whispered and decided to break the tension. "Bet you can't get me!" I shout as I ran further into the woods.


"Not fair Silvie!" Mike screams as he comes a running. "Why did you stop!" Mike asks catching his breath after running into me.


"Don't you notice? It's warm.. a lot warmer than it should be..."


"Hmmm you're right..."


The next thing we know howling is all around us, and not the animal howling. Beast, monstrous, horrendous howling. Our first mistake, walking further into the woods to find houses and skeletons all around us. Half eaten bodies, heads slit open and limbs dismembered everywhere. The rank smell of rotten and burnt flesh. That's when we saw them. The maniacs and pychos of the woods. The myth was real and we were on the menu. One of the maniacs smiled. and when he did you could see pieces of brain and eye stuck in his teeth. A few others grabbed butcher knives with dried flesh blood on it.


"So we gots us some fresh food that wondered our way." The maniac with the braines and eyes said with another disturbing and disgusting grin.


"Mike, I truly believe the myth is real and yes I'm scared." I whispered


"Me too Silvie, and I'm sorry I challenged you, this was the biggest mistake of my life. Please forgive me."


"I do, let's just get out of here."


"Hey you two, stop talkin, we gonna eats you for dinna."


"I believe it's time to run Silivie." Mike whispered really fast


That's when we turn and run. Run for our lives to get out of these damned woods but Mike trips and the maniacs and pyschos are behind us.


"Hurry Mike!" I yell


"I'm trying! My leg is caught!"


I hurry over and try to help but before I get there one of the maniacs throws his butcher knife and slices Mikes head right off in front of me. At that moment I finally scream bloody murder. The sight of my best friend getting his head stripped from his body in front of me made time stop as the world turned upside down. They gather around him forgetting I'm here since they have fresh food. Tearing his limbs apart, ripping hs organs out.


I realize that I'm crying for my best friend being demolished in front of me, eaten by other human beings. I thought back to the last thing he said before he dies. As his neck was being sliced he muttered the word run. I slowly step back but one of them heard me, he looked up with Mikes face hanging from his mouth. I wanted to get sick, well I was about to but I had to run for my life. So I ran, turned around and sprinted for a second to catch my breath. That was also my second mistake...


Out of nowhere I get slashed in the arm and back. I quickly turn around to find the creatures who made the screeching howls earlier, and they know  dinner has come back. They look at me with hunger in their eyes and teeth baring grins. Blood stained their sharp rigged teeth and their breath was just unbearable. Some had so many eyes you wonder how they see. Others were so spikey it was almost their actual skins instread of its defense. There were several that had goo oozing from any cut that wouldn't close up. There were eyes missing where you can see the nerves, limbs and partial heads were missing. if you escape from the maniacs and psychos, you won't escape from the creatures of the night. You'd be lucky if you didn't get sick.


Another one lunges at me but it only got my face because I started running again. I could hear them behind me but they were big so of course they were a lot slower. Then when I think I have the advantage one jumps in front of me, slashing at me with its large claws. I fell to the ground with my shirt ripped halfway. Looking all around to see the beasts have gathered for their new fresh meal. 'I don't want to die. No I'm not going to die' I say to myself and start thinking of a way out of this.


That's when I heard a raven caw and it got these beasts attention. Two more showed up and while they were distracted I thought this was my chance. I got up and ran again. This time faster than ever to escape from those beasts, but as I ran I noticed something in my shirt. When I look down I saw it. A baby beast, then I heard the mother screech so loud I was knocked off my feet. Set the baby creature down and ran, but the next thing I know it jumped onto my back with a smile on its face. I tried putting the little creature down several times, it would always jump back onto me and ride on my shoulder.


I'm finally able to escape the woods of the myths and make it to Mike's house. I stop once more to catch my breath. I call 911 because I was so badly injured and would die without help. Should've kept going through because when I turned around, through one entrance were the creatures and in the other were the maniacs and psychos and with a baby creature of the night on my shoulders. The bigger creatures weren't too happy and were the ones to make the first move.

 

© 2014 Kyori Kia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on June 26, 2014
Last Updated on June 29, 2014

Author

Kyori Kia
Kyori Kia

Mississauga, Canada



About
Honest writer looking for people who also write to critique back and forth. Just as you would in art I want you to critique my pieces and say what you think could be better if anything. If there is no.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5