Chapter 1- Unexpected Meetings

Chapter 1- Unexpected Meetings

A Chapter by Kyori Kia

"Big Brother wake up! Did you hear it?"

 

"Hear what?"

 

"That melody I heard it again last night."

 

"Lia you're just dreaming agan." This is my sister Lia, she's in third grade even though she's only seven, she's pretty smart but still a child at heart. She has hair that just seems to glow with a hint of red and Lia's smile is just down right beautiful, I'll have to kick quite a few guys off out porch when she gets older.

 

"No big brother I really heard the melody. It's so soothing." Lia is always thinking about this melody that only she seems to hear. She swears it's real but we all think that it's something she keeps dreaming up.

 

"Okay Lia, now go get ready for school. Did you eat breakfast?"

 

"Yep I ate, are you gonna take me to school?"

 

"Yea, I'm dropping you off today, dad had to leave early for work"

 

"Yay!!!" Lia shouts and dances into her room to get dressed. She's always excited when I'm the one who takes her to school. I'm not sure why, she exclaims it's because I let her pick the songs that play as we drive. I drive a ligh charismatic blue truck. Lia claims she feels like a princess in it because of the coloring.

 

"Dad will be here to pick you up after school so look for him today, okay?"

 

"Okay big brother."

 

I stay to make sure she makes it into the building alright. then start headinf out to my own school.

 

"Yo Arul where ya been man?" That's my friend Tye, we have been friends since birth. He's a little taller than I am with black hair and brown eyes, one of his favorite things to do is joke around with everyone around him and make them smile, he is super outgoing and jumps into any project that will allow him. Yeah he's also a bit of a hot head.

 

"Had to drop Lia off at school today. Hey where's Kalur?" kalur is my other firend. We met in first grade and bee friends ever since. He's the same height as I am at 5 foot 7 and dark red haor which is seemingly natural, a surpirse righ; with his green eyes and a halo of gold inside, pretty strange I'd say but wouldn't be my brother otherwise. His quirkiness is what drew me to him and we became brothers ever since. Some call him a major player because he's always with all the girls on some occasion when in all honesty he's just a good listener and has some pretty good advice, so naturally all the girls want to talk. He has also taken it to his liking to help every new student that comes to this school. He's a pretty solid guy and a wonderful friend to have.

 

"Oh he's off with the new student we are getting today."

 

"We're getting new students!? I'm surprised you're not over there trying to swoon another pretty lady."

 

"Whatever Arul!" Tye punched me in the arm so i decided to smack him back, we're always each others punching bags.

 

"Come on Tye, let's head in the bell is about to ring."

 

Everyday is always the same. Go to school, turn in homework, learn new things or go over stuff we already know, hear about drama, girls always starting gossip and drama well it's sickening. One day they'll get what they deserve. I figured today would be like any other day, I just had to push through, but that's when the unexpected happend. We got a few new students like Tye said we would but that part may not be to big of a surpirse but one student, no one girl. I didn't know it at the time but she's gonna make my life take a wild ride.

 

"Okay class we have a couple new students today. I'd like to introduce Sira and Nebural."

 

Sira was breathtakingly beautiful, her hair was a slight tint of sky blue, she was meduim height for a girl. She wasn't too skinny like twig thin but rather perfect thickness. Her eyes make you want to jump right into the ocean with the briliance of blue that consumes her. Nebural was standing next to Sira, she too was just as beautiful; Nebural had a hint of purple in her hair with green eyes that take you deep into the forest. She's a lttle shorter than Sira but her skin is a few shades darker. The last girl Mika, apparently she is Nebural's younger sister. I heard she's in another class.

 

"Alright class quiet down, I know you're all excited abut the new students but we have a class to teach. Now let's see. Sira you can sit over by Arul and Nebural you can sit over by Camice. Okay now that tha'ts all settled let's get out your books, Arul and Camice would you mind sharing? Turn to page 520 we will continue on the Siren Song. Can anyone tell me what you feel when you hear it?"

 

That's Mrs. Hilshine. She always has her hair up in a bun, ho she makes it i'm not sure, it's quite unique, she has blond hair and blue eyes, typical right? Mrs. Hilshine really is an amazing person though, she always has a smile on her face and just shines with happiness, some like to say she's inhuman with how she's always happy but everyone still loves her no matter what. She's our english teacher and right now we are learning about the lures of a siren.

 

"Arul can you read the first two paragraphs of the poem please?"

 

"This is the ne song everyone

would like to learn: the song

that is irresistible:

 

the song that forces men

to leap overboard in squadrons

even though they see beached skulls"

I never understood Sirens or their purpose for killing men, do they just hate us?

 

"Thank you, Sira would you read the next parahraph please?"

 

"The song that nobody knows

because anyone who heard it

is dead, and the others can't remember.

Shall I tell you the secret

and if I fo, will you get me

out of this bird suit?

I don't enjoy it her

squatting on this island

looking picturesque and mythical

with these two feathery maniacs,

I don't enjoy singing

this trio, fatal, anf valuable."

 

Sira's voice is so beautiful, it's so calming as if the world itself was made just for her.

 

"Thank you very much and Camice will you read the next two please."

 

"I will tell the secret to you

to you, only to you

Come clser. This song

 

is a cry for help. Help me!

only you, only you can

you are unique."

Camice sounds so bored, I don't think he really likes reading all that much, especially in class.

 

"and I will read the last part

 

At last. Alas

it is a boring song

but it workds every time.

 

This is a poem by Margaret Atwood.

 

Now class take a moment and have a feel for this poem, what does it make ou feel? How does it make you feel? Once you know write it down onto a piece of paper and turn it in. We will have a discussion about it tomorrow. That's all for today, class dismissed." Mrs. Hilshine doesn't usually give us homework just tells us to think about what we read and write it down t discuss the next day, I like that, we get more involved and everyone always does it.

 

English is my last class for the school day, which is perfect because I love poetry and writing so it's an extremly nice way to end the dreadful beauty of being here. Then there's the walk home, I walk by the frest to get back home; though it isn;t as scary as people alwas claim it to be. I've never seen anything unusual, just some basic animls like dear and squirrles, sometimes a raccoon or a wolf. Although the rarest animal to be seen are the wildcats, people swear they've seen them. There is no way wildcats would live all the way out here.

 

Wait I hear some rustling, it could be one of wolves that live here, it can't be.....well i'll be damned, is that... is that a panther!? I must be seeing things, but wait... ain't those the new girls? they must not know the rumors of the forest! What are they even doing in the forest don't they see the panther? I have an extremly bad feeling about this. What should I do? Maybe... ummm maybe I'll just go home and rest, I must be seeing things there is no way that is real. It totally looks like that panther is waiting for someone. Oh no! What if it's waiting to attack the girls! Come on Arul man up we gotta make sure those girls are okay.

 

Where am I? I'm pretty sure that this is the right way to the girls. Hold on, have I passed through this tree before? It seems that I am lost but how's that possible, it was a sraight shot here. I'm so confused...

 

Let's mark this tree because I swear I have been by it already, but how? Oh I know, i'll use the ribbon Lia gave me, she said it was for good luck, seems i'll need luck now eh. (softly laughs)

 

'After walking aroung for about another 30 minuets'

 

Okay that's enough walking, I think I'm gonna take a break, that tree looks like a great spot to lie down for a bit.

 

'Arul lies down then he looks up'

 

No, you have to be kidding me. Is that the ribbon I tied on? It can't be, I really have been going in circles... Well at least I have my ribbon back but this still sucks. I gotta get out of here, but just after I rest a little more.

 

"Rising up can you see me there

Listen to the voice inside me

Whispering I call you near

Holding to the world behind me"

 

What is this beautiful melody? Is this what Lia was talking about? It's so beautiful...

 

"You are not welcome here, go back immediately or dire consequences shall be served upon you human."

 

Who said that? Why is everything going black?





© 2015 Kyori Kia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on May 6, 2015
Last Updated on August 12, 2015


Author

Kyori Kia
Kyori Kia

Mississauga, Canada



About
Honest writer looking for people who also write to critique back and forth. Just as you would in art I want you to critique my pieces and say what you think could be better if anything. If there is no.. more..

Writing