Prologue: What Came Before

Prologue: What Came Before

A Chapter by Jtranquillity
"

The Prologue for my book, Until The End of Time (working title)

"

Prologue: What Came Before

Back when the planet was still young and fertile, many wars were fought between the numerous different races. These wars, which came to be known as the Thousand Battles, left the world bloody and broken. However, all was not lost---people cannot be oppressed forever; life and the lust to be free will always find a way. In this period called the Age of Hope, heroes rose and, for quite some time, did not fall. Some of these heroes had true hearts of gold and could see that evil did not have a place in the world. Valor, honor, and fearlessness were the virtues these heroes displayed as they rode into battle against evil. Indeed, these battles were epic and people talked about them as if they were played out in front for the whole world to see. Every generation these stories grew and changed but were always filled with hope and inspiration. From these stories, new heroes were born to challenge the evil that always seem to be there. However, as much as the heroics inspired the brave, the evilness of the world's enemies inspired the wicked. Soon, evil banded together in the form of a powerful being of pure blackness, known as the Darklord.

During this Age of Despair, the world was plunged into darkness and the heroes were at the final thread of defeat when one among them rose to challenge the Darklord's evil regime. This man was known only as Oglithias, for past deeds made him banish his family name, and he defeated this unbeatable Lord of Darkness.

For awhile, evil seemed to creep back into the dark corners from which it came. People began to believe once more and the stories of a thousand lost generations were found again and combined with new stories of Oglithias. For years, all across the world, humans went through a renaissance of peace. History would eventually call this period the Oglithian Renaissance and it would become the first, and perhaps last time this world would ever know the calm silence of true peace. It was an amazing time full of exploration and adventure. Places that were old became new once more and new lands were discovered all the time. Humans set out to spread the word of good fortune and used their minds to create beautiful writings and poetry that displayed the world's affections for the heroes who so courageously brought them their peace.

One group in particular, the Ninophiats, began to explore a different approach on the road to human enlightenment. Led by the great Alexander Kintara, they brought up ideas that good and evil were the results of powers beyond the scope of the human mind. Kintara, friend of Oglithias, was a great warrior in his own right but one day in battle, he was saved by what he called Divine Intervention. After the war, he devoted his life to exploring these thoughts and through deeds kept hidden from human knowledge, created a religion devoted to the worshiping of a powerful being called Radikus.

Unfortunately, religion doesn't spread like heroic stories of old, and people began to make their own version of the original ideas of Kintara. Over several generations, the various religions began to divide up the land and it's people. A jihad broke out and tens of thousands perished. During this time, the Blood Age, the Harbinger of Death Kalkus decided it was time to finally attack the humans in their moment of ultimate weakness. Despite who or what the religions of the land claimed as true evil, this creature was the One True Evil. An abomination cast out of the light, he has waited in the depths of sorrow for his time to reveal his ultimate creation: The Fallen. Born from both man and Kalkus, they were created to kill humans; strike at their hearts, body, mind, and soul with the swiftness of a viper. To this day the threat of the Fallen grips the world's powers save for one kingdom...




© 2012 Jtranquillity


Author's Note

Jtranquillity
Nothing in my book has been edited so please keep that in mind. Thoughts comments (both good and bad) are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

172 Views
Added on April 7, 2012
Last Updated on April 7, 2012


Author

Jtranquillity
Jtranquillity

TN



About
Love to write, been doing so since 4th grade. I also love to listen to music, especially metal, favorite band is Dark Tranquillity. I like to work out and exercise. more..

Writing