Window clear

Window clear

A Story by Y.F.

He saw his reflection in the window.

He had a frown on his face.

He tried to remember the last time he smiled.

"Well, I guess it doesn't really matter", he concluded after about 2 minutes, "there are bigger issues at stake".

He wasn't quite sure what these issues were.

One thing was certain - they were pretty damn important.

 

Steam covered up the window, getting thicker and thicker with each breath he took.

When he was young, he used to imagine this steam as his troubles, his pain drifting away from his body and onto the window, onto the infinity beyond.

These thoughts, as silly as they may seem, something only the simple mind of a child can think of, has came back to his mind, making the moment seem like the moment in which he rids himself of all his pain, his anger, his fear - releasing it out into the world.

Finally, his mind was clear.

 

What is a clear mind?

Can there really be one?

Could there actually be a moment or state in which the mind is released of all its anxiety?

 

The phone rings.

Time to get back to the real world.

Time for the mind to get clouded, and the window clear.

© 2008 Y.F.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This can be a really good story. I am loathe to say this, but the misspelling detracted from the impact this story could have. I only say this because I want you to get the regard for this story that it deserves.

Thank you for the rewrite! This really is a good story. Again, thank you for the story and your attitude. Both are great.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 1, 2008
Last Updated on March 1, 2008

Author

Y.F.
Y.F.

Do not disturb me, I'm already disturbed. ;)



About
**I don't really use this account anymore - keeping it open to preserve the existing content, but might close it in the future.** I've been writing throughout the vast majority of my life, mostly b.. more..

Writing
Something's Off Something's Off

A Poem by Y.F.


Titled Titled

A Poem by Y.F.