Chapter 2:  The Death of Newt Reno

Chapter 2: The Death of Newt Reno

A Chapter by Taffy Lane Writer
"

I use a story about the imagination of two boys in a warning to remember what you imagine as the truth should remain thought of as imaginary. Believing imaginary things are real is dangerous at best.

"

“Did you hear what happened to Newt?” Newt Rahn asked his friend, Alec Tron.

“Newt?” Alec asked, “Newt who?”

“Newt Reno of course!” Newt Rahn replied.

“Your best friend?” Alec asked, “I don't care. He was just a conceited little brat.”

Newt Rahn tried to ignore his friend's reply as he said, “That ain't funny, Alec! He's dead!”

“Oh,” Alec said feeling sorry for what he said, “I'm sorry for you. But I never liked him. He really thought he was something and he thought I was less than nothing the way he talked.”

“All he did was imagine he was something in his own mind,” Newt Rahn said, “He was a lot of fun. I got a real charge out of him.”

“Really!” Alec said, “What could you imagine that would kill you?”

“I know,” Newt Rahn said, “But I ain't supposed to tell anyone what I know.”

“Come on!” Alec said, “You can't be for real! That little devil was always doing something stupid like playing with his imagination and junk like that. But you can't die from that. Can you?”

“He did,” Newt Rahn said.

“Aw! I don't believe that!” Alec said, watching his friend's face and seeing he was for real. “Okay, I believe you believe it, but you would have to show me for me to even start believing it.”

“Yeah?” Newt Rahn exclaimed.

“Yeah!” Alec replied, seeing his friend didn't want to show him, but that his friend didn't want him to think he was a liar either, “I knew you were lying.”

“I am not!” Newt Rahn said, “And I can show you!”

“Okay! Big shot!” Alec said, “Show me!”

“Alright! I will too!” Newt Rahn said.

Now Alec was scared still not believing it could happen.

“Close your eyes!” Newt Rahn shouted at Alec.

“Close my eyes?” Alec shouted, “What for, it's already so dark in the tent I can't see anything!”

“Just close them, okay?” Newt Rahn said as Alec closed his eyes and when his eyes were closed Newt Rahn said, “Imagine you are the smallest possible thing that can ever be?”

“How can I do that?” Alec said, “I don't have any idea how to go about it.”

“Well,” Newt Rahn said patiently, “Try to imagine a thing so small that it is the size of a shadow in every direction.”

Alec tried very hard and after a long time he said, “Can't I just imagine it's Newt Reno?”

'What a great idea!' Newt Rahn thought and so he said, “If that is easier for you, go ahead.”

“Wow!” Alec said.

“Why?” Newt Rahn asked, “What happened?”

“Is that really Newt Reno?” Alec asked and tried to pull out of it, but couldn't so he just relaxed.

“You have to tell me what is going on so I can understand what you're imagining, Idiot.”

“There is a place in my imagination that is like space, but there is no light,” Alec said, trying to describe what he was imagining, “But Newt is that tiny thing I could imagine was me. But I can see him. He seems to be falling and drawing everything else in closer to him. But I want to stop! I'm falling in toward him but he is moving just as fast as I am. I want out! I want to stop! I can't stop!”

“Call on the One that always was, is now and will be without end!” Newt Rahn shouted at him.

“I can't I don't know who that is!” Alec shouted, “Help me, Newt! Newt! Help me!”

“What's happening, Alec?” Newt Rahn yelled, “Tell me what's going on. If I am going to help you, tell me what's going on!”

“Newt Reno is exploding!” Alec shouted, “It is so bright and so hot I can't stand it! And I'm slowing down! But I'm so close I think I might burn up too like Newt did. Stop it! Newt! Stop it and bring me out now!”

“I can't Alec,” Newt Rahn said, “You are doing it! You have to stop it! I'm not doing it, Alec! You have to stop yourself!”

“I've tried!” Alec screamed, “And I can't do it on my own.”

“Call on the one that can do anything, even you bring you out of it!” Newt Rahn screamed.

“What do I call him?” Alec yelled back.

“How do you know it's male?” Newt Rahn said, “It doesn't matter what you call that one. Just imagine that one is there and ask that one to help you!”

“I can't imagine him!” Alec screamed.

“That one is there with you! And that one is real! Trust that one, Alec! And ask that one to help you stop imaging what Newt Reno did!”

“If you are here and can help me, do it!” Alec screamed.

“That won't work! Alec!” Newt Rahn screamed, “I'm serious! Believe that one is there! You have to believe it. Don't just pretend. Believe that one is really there!”

“I believe you are here!” Alec screamed finally a while later, “Help me stop imagining reality!”

Instantly Alec Tron was not imagining reality anymore and screamed with delight, “Yahoo!”

“What?” Newt Rahn shouted, “What happened?”

“Thank you, Newt!” Alec shouted with glee, “I would have been drawn right into the explosion when Newt Reno blew up! I was in what he imagined, wasn't I?”

Newt Rahn hugged his friend when he realized he was not imagining anything any longer and when Alec Tron understood what he was doing he hugged his friend back until they were both embarrassed for what they had done. At that time they chatted excitedly for quite some time before Alec stopped very suddenly.

“It is real, isn't it?” Alec said, “I am sorry. I knew it was before I made you prove it. And I almost die, didn't I. If you hadn't told me who could help me stop imagining no matter what I-?”

“Yes,” Newt Rahn said, “You would have just kept on imagining just like Newt Reno. His body died and his spirit is dying too. He can't quit. He doesn't believe the one that can do anything will help him. In fact he really believes he can be exactly like that one and do anything. His mistake is that he thought he was the first one to do it and by the time he realized the first liar had already conceived of it and fell to earth because he was so into it he can't accept the one who would have stopped him could stop him even now that he has the only thing left, but he won't because like Newt Reno that one wants to be exactly like that one.”

“I want to know more about him!” Alec said.

Then Newt Rahn explained everything to Alec that he really knew about the one that can do anything, and that one was pleased with Newt Rahn and forgave Alec Tron instructing the boys not to ever do it again. And they both promised that one they would never do it again.

And they both understood they should not believe anything they imagine is real and that the same rules that apply in the rest of creation apply in the imagination especially when they believe it is real. The imagination is a good tool, but like anything it can be used to do bad things to oneself and to others, even deadly things, things they cannot stop doing and things they will not be able to stop doing even if the one who would have helped them wanted to help them any longer for they can no longer want that one to do it. In that case which is not rare they can be left by that one to die physically and even spiritually. Then they will be forgotten by everyone because it would be useless to remember them anymore.



© 2015 Taffy Lane Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on May 21, 2015
Last Updated on May 21, 2015


Author

Taffy Lane Writer
Taffy Lane Writer

Rural, MN



About
My trilogy "Sojourn" By John F Carver, me, is done with the draft. It is the book I always wanted to write and it took a lifetime to understand that God is real. I learned so much writing this and.. more..

Writing