The Pen

The Pen

A Poem by Judy Ponceby
"

On writing....

"
With a flourish of my pen I set fire to the paper.
Enlivening it like a god creating some caper.

Words flowing  like wine from my synapses,
Forming images in the mind's eye without lapses.

Jupiter may rotate like a ring on a string.
But far be it from me to question far Saturn's ring.

Expansive words conveying vast universes.
Ideas, concepts, phrases and curses.

The whales they must sing, the birds they will cry,
My voice from within is written with pen, for I am so shy.

© 2011 Judy Ponceby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Uniquely expresses some writing truisms--in rhyme!
Not something, dear lady, I would be anxious to tackle.
Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a beautiful poem, and, although I hate to criticize it, the synapses/lapses rhyme seemed a bit stilted, and in the jupiter/saturn line you used the word ring twice in close succession. It was still very creative and well done; just thought I'd let ya know :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, I want to question far Saturn's ring! lol I like this. And I'll get back to you on what the ring has to say for itself.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great couplets, fine thoughts about writing and how it comes about in the great field of things. And yes, when shy, writing from that inner voice is such a release and gives comfort to all the senses.

'With a flourish of my pen I set fire to the paper' - wonderful first line, Judy!

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like the ending :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful imagery, Judy. Such a delightful poem to read aloud. I love the rhyme and the two line stanzas. They break up the thoughts really well and keep the poem looking neat and tidy. Your words always speak volumes and I always enjoy reading your works. Thanks again for a lovely write and read!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent write, love the imagery. I think alot of us on writerscafe can relate to this poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think that all writers have a type of "shyness" to them. And every time we write something we risk having our souls exposed to the world. Anyway, I'm rambling. Very nice, I enjoyed it =]

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2011
Last Updated on March 14, 2011

Author

Judy Ponceby
Judy Ponceby

Swanton, OH



About
I am me. Living life. Learning love. And laughing. A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom. – Robert Frost more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5