First Excerpt from somewhere in the book

First Excerpt from somewhere in the book

A Story by Jules K.
"

I'm writing a book, but the events of the book are coming to me in chunks. Here's one chunk.

"
"Well, at least it could always be worse," she joked. 

"Really?" Clio replied, squinting and leaning forward to better see the road signs. 
Hadley glanced over at her from the driver's seat and shrugged. "I mean, probably." 
"Huh," Clio replied as she leaned back. "I guess people do always have a way of imaging what could be better or worse." Looking at Hadley and shaking her head, "We are all so childish in that way, never examining what we have, only wanting something else."
Hadley's eyebrows scrunched as her eyes flickered to look at her philosophical partner. When they made eye contact, she caught Clio smirking and rolled her eyes, scoffing. "You're a freak," she declared halfheartedly. 
Clio emanated her bouncy laugh and playfully pushed Hadley's head. "You raised me, it's your fault."
Hadley stuck her tongue out at Clio while she began navigating again. They finally deciphered the convoluted atlas and began again on the right route West. Far away from the hell thy both knew Hadley had created, but refused to assign blame for. 

© 2019 Jules K.


Author's Note

Jules K.
A little background: Hadley murdered her abusive step father and ran away from home. Clio, the best friend, went with her. The rest doesn't really matter for the sake of this read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on January 15, 2019
Last Updated on January 15, 2019
Tags: best friends, love, miss, maps, story, short story, fiction

Author

Jules K.
Jules K.

About
I'm an aspiring writer on my way to NYC. I am by no means formally educated in writing, however, I have been reading since before I was speaking. I hope to refine my skills through an unofficial publi.. more..

Writing
Moving On Moving On

A Poem by Jules K.