Super Lax Man

Super Lax Man

A Story by Julia Weimerskirch
"

A super hero facing incredible odds to protect the city he loves.

"

The Heroic Tale of Super Lax Man:

The Battle of Suckster.

 

Prologue:

 

            He was an ordinary college student attending  a school no one had ever heard of, until that one strange day when everything would change. It was a rainy night at North Greenville University when Matt, seemingly unexpectant non athletic regular person, was walking back to his dorm when… CRASH! In front of him, a giant lacrosse stick shaped spaceship crashed right down 100 yards ahead of him. Everything in him said that he needed to walk away and not investigate, but he went anyway. Slowly he creeped toward the strange ship, listening to every single sound around him. Suddenly he realized that every cricket that normally chirps on campus, had been silenced. It was as if they vanished without a trace.

            As Matt approached the ship he saw something move swiftly away, or at least he thought he did. He moved closer, squinting his eyes until they focused on the ship through the fire and smoke that surrounded it. Unexpectantly, the color of the fire began to change! Slowly the tone shifted from the red and yellow burning began to shift to a vibrant purple that burned so bright he had to look away. The fire began to grow and crackle as he stood there memorized by the color, when it happened. There was a whip like crack and then darkness.

 Hours later, Matt awoke. Uncertain of what happened, he sat up and looked around unaware of how he ended up on the ground to begin with. He searched for the ship but couldn’t find a single trace of the ship, the damage, or the purple fire. The only thing that was different around him that he could see was the dirt on his jeans. Assuming he imagined the ship, and a little freaked out, Matt got up and walked home feeling eerily uncomfortable with what he had seen. Attempting to put the pieces together, he walked into his house. All of his roommates were sitting on the couches when he walked in, watching a cop show that looked like it was filmed on campus. The general bro nod of acknowledgement took place as Matt walked to the bathroom to get ready for bed, even though it was only 10:30pm. Without paying attention, he began to brush his teeth still thinking about what had taken place. Then, suddenly, one of the roommate bros said lacrosse very loudly. Normally, this wouldn’t have caused a problem for anyone but tonight it did. Matt looked into the mirror and began to notice himself changing. First the color of his eyes, then his hair, and finally in a blink of an eye he was wearing a completely different outfit.

Dressed head to toe in a purple spandex outfit that was accompanied by his new purple eyes and matching hair, Matt began to scream. He screamed so loud that all of the bros got up off of the couch and began to rush to the bathroom, worrying about what could be happening to their fellow bro. They began to bang on the door as Matt stood motionless staring into the mirror. Without warning, everything around him began to change. He looked around and realized that everything looked so far away, even the ground. Matt was floating 10 feet off the ground and was about to touch the ceiling. It was in this moment, that Matt realized he was a super hero. With the mere muttering of the word lacrosse, Matt became Super Lax Man.

 

 

 

 

 

The Epic Battle:

 

It had been four years, six months, twelve days and forty-three minutes to the second since Matt had started living his double life. Every day his powers grew and new discoveries were made. The life of crime fighting had become this super heroes favorite thing. It began to feel normal to see his signal flashed into the sky and hear the call to duty.

One night, while Super Lax Man was out on patrol he heard the strangest sound coming from an alley way. The screeching noise grew louder as he jumped down from the roof on which he was perched, growing louder and louder as he dropped down. Sticking his super hero landing, he creeped closer and closer to the noise preparing for the monster awaiting him. At the end of the alley, a dark figure began to come into focus. As he moved closer, the shape grew and changed, one piece at a time the beast came into view. Suddenly, Super Lax Man was standing in front of a giant bear with the biggest mouth he had ever seen. The source of the screeching.

Super Lax Man began to walk slowly toward the monster, being careful not to be seen. He watched from behind a dumpster as the monster moved through the alley, sucking up everything in his path. It was in this moment that Super Lax Man knew that he could not let this monster leave the alley, he knew that the monster would suck up everything in his path if he let it escape. Our hero immediately sprang into action! Jumping out from behind the dumpster and shouting “HEY YOU!”. The monster turned around with a start and stared at the stranger in front of him who was clad in spandex with his cape flowing majestically behind him. “NOT IN MY TOWN!” Super Lax Man shouted as he flew toward him. Flying full speed, Super Lax Man extended his right arm and landed a solid punch on the center of the monsters face. “How dare you hit me! I am Suckster and I will suck up this entire town!”

Then, a strong wind came from behind Super Lax Man, pulling him toward the monster! But where was this coming from? The hero thought to himself. Looking closer as he dug his heels into the ground, Super Lax Man saw that Suckster had tubes for hands! Every suction cup on the monsters many tentacles was able to suck things in! Using his powers of teleportation, Super Lax Man vanished from view of Suckster, only to appear above him! He drops down on top of the monster and began to wrap his arms around the head of the monster. Using his super strength he squeezed harder and harder. What Super Lax Man didn’t see was the tentacle coming from behind him! Suckster wraps the sneaky tentacle around Super Lax Mans neck and pulled him up placing him in the air above his giant open mouth. Super Lax Man felt the individual suction cups sticking to his neck as he stared down into the open jaws of imminent death.

As his strength began to fade, Super Lax Man began to see flashed from his past. Moments of beautiful connections with friends and family, nights in an eno under the stars, crepes and coffee in a small shop not too far from his school. Every moment from his mortal life flashed through his mind. “This will not be my end” He thought to himself. With every bit of energy Super Lax Man began to summon the last of his powers to teleport from Sucksters grip. At the very last second he was able to vanish and place himself on the ground in front of the monster. Breathing heavily he flew into the air, high above the monster and the buildings that made the beautiful city that he had fallen in love with over the years. Looking down he balled up his fist and pointed his feet toward the sky, shooting himself downward back toward the monster with the speed of a bullet train. There was a loud cracking sound as his hand connected with the monsters head. Knocking the monster unconscious and leaving our hero to be the victor.

He grabbed the monster by one of his arms and dragged him out of the alley and into the street where he was able to pick him up and fly away. Dropping the unconscious creature back into the ocean where he came from, Super Lax Man bid him a fond farewell and thanked him for a very worthy battle. Flying high above everyone, Super Lax Man flew back to his home, sneaking in through the window of his bedroom so no one would see him. Swiftly he changed from his uniform to his pajama, becoming Matt again, and walked back to the bathroom where it had all began. Grabbing his toothbrush he began to assess the damage done to his mortal body, coming up with excuses for every bruise and mark except for one. The mark left on his neck from the tentacles.

Not able to come up with an excuse for that, he finished brushing his teeth and walked into the living room to say goodnight to the bros he lived with. “MATT HAS A HICKEY!” one bro yelled as the others whipped their heads around to look. Matt turned beet read and nodded as he turned around and walked into his bedroom. Closing his door as he heard his bros yelling in the living room, he let out a breath. Thankful that they came up with an excuse for him. His identity was safe for one more night as our exhausted hero climbed into bed, thinking about the monster and wondering if he would ever come back. His phone went off with a message as he began to drift off, a message that read “Get some sleep old man!”. Matt smiled as he put his phone down, being brought back to earth from his day dreaming thoughts.

 

© 2019 Julia Weimerskirch


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on March 13, 2019
Last Updated on March 13, 2019

Author

Julia Weimerskirch
Julia Weimerskirch

Costa Mesa, CA



About
I am 22 years old and attend a small university in Southern California. I love to write and have a small cat who rules almost everything I do. more..

Writing