This Has Gone Way To Far

This Has Gone Way To Far

A Story by Beka
"

This was written in the heat of a moment. Its very rough and was written about 5 months ago.

"

I love talking about religion. Especially with Nikki. Mostly because she and I have such similarly different views on the subject. What with her being an Atheist and myself being kind of Catholic.

Now here is where most people would be like "Wait time out, how could you have any religious views in common with a devil worshiper?" *And yes people ACTUALLY have asked me this before* Ok first of all Atheists don't worship the Devil. Mostly because being an Atheist they don't believe in anything! Not God not the Devil nothing. Its just not there for them. Second she's not really an Atheist, but whatev.

We believe that organized religion is stupid. I mean seriously. *FyI this is all my opinion I'm not trying to force this on you*

Anyone ever wonder what Heaven looks like? I mean since your religion is the only right one. Where does everyone else go? There can't possibly be that much room in hell! Because I know that no one believes that if your just good that you go to Heaven. Oh no you must practice the "right religion". What is the right religion? I mean how would these people know? How many of them have gone to Heaven? I'm sure it happens just like this:

Let me set the scene. A Lutheran and a Jew are standing at the Pearly Gates. Saint Peter looks at the Jew then at the Lutheran and says, "I'm sorry boys you both were wrong. We only allow Catholics."

Yep it happens just like that. Because God must be a complete bigot, right? Umm How bout some no?

Or I love this one too.

Scene, Pearly Gates again. Long lines on this day. Saint Peter is trying to get all the right religions in their line. After the end of the world.

Saint Peter: Damn it! I said Puritans in the green line and Muslims in the red line! No that has nothing to do with the color of blood and the suicide-bombing thing. Yeah I understand you want to see Muhammad. Jesus Christ!

Jesus: Yes?

Saint Pete: Your dad has my alias then a secret agent.

 

 *Jesus gets hit in the head with a coconut*

Some Jewish guy: I don't believe in you!

Jesus: That's ok I like you anyways.

And while all this is going on the Atheists are all standing down on earth going "What now?"

Every religion believes in a higher power.

Every religion was created by MAN.

So therefore has MANS ideas and thoughts.

This isn't an argument, this is a teenage girl whose sick of everyone telling her shes going to hell because she doesn't live up to YOUR expectations.

God loves me.

Everything about me and I don't believe that God would tell ANYONE that they are not good enough for her.

So here's an idea. How about we stop trying to kill people because they don't pray the same way we do? Oh how about we don't go banging on STRANGERS doors and tell them that their wrong to think what they think and why you are right? Let a person believe what they want to. Stop worrying so much about it.

Oh btw. The end of the world is NOT known simply because Revelations is a joke. I was an add on to scare people. A crazy monk wrote it. "The second coming of the lord will be unknown. He will come like a thief in the night."

Yeah I don't see how there are supposed to be any signs when Jesus is supposed to be a stealthy ninja. Can we say Contradiction?

 

© 2008 Beka


Author's Note

Beka
If you could help me iron out the rough details and help me improve this. Please leave any and all ideas.
Many thanks to those that do. I will give you your credit for your help and inspiration.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi, I am not a knowledgable person when it comes to religion, i like the character believe in just the one god, who will accept everyone for who or whatever they have or havent done.
You made me laugh though with the jokes. It is a good start to a novel although i am unsure of where it is going, i think you have a humerous slant to your writing with this , and its nice.
I' would like to know more about the main character and of course Nikki, also i wouldnt worry about it being rough or not, sometimes the best thing to do is write, and write, and write, and then review, reviewing can take up so much time... and interfere with the flow of the story.
Keep writing, this is a great start.
Dawn


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hi, I am not a knowledgable person when it comes to religion, i like the character believe in just the one god, who will accept everyone for who or whatever they have or havent done.
You made me laugh though with the jokes. It is a good start to a novel although i am unsure of where it is going, i think you have a humerous slant to your writing with this , and its nice.
I' would like to know more about the main character and of course Nikki, also i wouldnt worry about it being rough or not, sometimes the best thing to do is write, and write, and write, and then review, reviewing can take up so much time... and interfere with the flow of the story.
Keep writing, this is a great start.
Dawn


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 21, 2008
Last Updated on April 21, 2008

Author

Beka
Beka

Where Ever my mind is most comfortable pretending to be., OK



About
My name is Rebekha and I am a mass of contradictions and I suffer from the constant memories of my passed lives. (Not ones where you turn into insects or animals) I believe it is what inspires me to .. more..

Writing
Control Control

A Poem by Beka


Kiss My Neck Kiss My Neck

A Poem by Beka


The Lost Poem The Lost Poem

A Poem by Beka