Day One, Carly

Day One, Carly

A Chapter by Juliet
"

The first day.

"
Chapter One
Day One, Carly

There's something you need to know about me. I am not a born killer. I didn't mean to shoot him that Tuesday night. I swear, I swear on my life, that I am not a born killer. It was just the way he sneered, the way that man's mouth turned up a little watching as he took my Daddy. My Daddy's life. The blood, oh, the blood, deep crimson red, that covered our crunchy white carpet. Carly's dead eyes, still open, just staring at me. Ocean blue and piercing through me, looking beyond me. 
"All getting off at Joliet! All getting off at Joliet!" the attendant shouts over the sharp whistle of the train. 
"Bri, Bri wake up," Reese whispers in my ear, softly nudging me. My eyelids flutter open. 
"Come on, we have to go," he says, tugging at my sweatshirt, dark chestnut eyes urging me to move.
"Kay--Okay I'm up," I mumble groggily, shapes & colors fuzzily dancing through my vision. The quiet chatter of people of unloading the only noise in my ear. 
"Wait! Wait, nobody move!" a harsh voice snaps and the chatter dies on a beat and mine heart skips one. An officer stands in the front of the car, eyes set hard on the passengers.
"Oh god... Oh god..." I breathe, clutching my fists together, I feel like I'm sticking out, just like a  and all eyes are on me. Reese's hand touches mine, it's clammy and sticky, and I swear I can hear his heart pounding against his chest, or maybe it's mine.
Under my blue contacts and bleached blonde hair, I'm still Brianna Rose, and the world still knows my name.
I kept clinging to that dream, that little dream, that once we were in Joliet, we'd be free. But that wasn't the case, it had been a dream. And all dreams mush come to an end. 
"Miss." a raspy voice barks, my stomach does a flip and my eyes can feel the prickling tears.
"Y-yes?" I stammer, quivering behind large sunglasses. The cop's fingers twitch a little and then he reaches for his back pocket.
Reese tenses beside me and I realize that this is the end. I inhale sharply but can't find the will to let the stuffy air go.
Suddenly he draws a small flyer and holds it up close to my face.
"Have you seen this girl?" he asks. My own face stares back at me. With it's chestnut brown hair and grey-blue eyes, a freckled nose bridge and a soft smile that hasn't crossed my lips in a long time. At the bottom in Helvetica print it reads, "Brianna Rose".
I'm captured by my own gaze and can't rip myself away. 
"No sir, we haven't," Reese answers for me, his voice is so smooth I can barely recognize it. In another quick movement the cop pulls out another picture, this one's Reese before. His blonde hair's longer and his eyes a vivid blue.
"How about this boy?" he asks, I shake my head and Reese follows in suit. The officer grunts a reply then moves on. 

~Thanks for reading!


© 2011 Juliet


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on December 19, 2011


Author

Juliet
Juliet

Seattle , WA



About
P.L.U.R Hey lovely world of other writers! I'm Juliet, which is actually my name. I'm quite a fan of music like the majority of the human race.. more..

Writing
Secret Secret

A Chapter by Juliet


Pills Pills

A Poem by Juliet