Maybe Goodbyes are the perfect things.

Maybe Goodbyes are the perfect things.

A Story by prachi prangya agasti
"

Tears do not do a damn thing to fix anything.

"

Samara collapsed to the ground her hand clutching the bark of the tree beside her. It hurt and no matter what she could do, she couldn’t change the situation. The tears brimmed and sloshed in her threatening to roll down like they were the heaviest thing in the world. And as Sylvia Plath had said, “It didn’t do a damn thing to fix anything.”

“Samara let them fall…” She heard her friend say. She took some unsteady breaths that clogged her but soon the droplets trickled down her face before she could restrict them again. And she didn’t wipe them off. What was the point when they were never going to make the ache stop? She let them fall.

“Samara, I think you should read this before the pain too much to shatter. Read the words he wished to say to you…” She took the letter from her friend and rested her head against the tree-trunk closing her eyes for some brief moment. Tears poured out from her eyes in surrender and her heart wept without any fight. Could she accustom to his absence when she could remember the ghost laugh etched on his face when she had seen him last time.

The autumn leaves fell from the trees and the winds tried soothing the tears off her face. But she knew one by one as they fell from her face, each one pinched her about something she had lost. Hope. Faith. Love. Him.

While the tide rolled in her moment of silence dictated by her muffled cries she opened the letter painted in black curvy handwriting.

Dear Samara,

There are people who leave a piece of themselves when your souls collided with them. And God, nothing would ever be the same again.

But Samara, you’ll be fine. Do you know why? Because I was never the brave one, you were. And I love that about you, how fierce you are. You know how or when things are just going to sink back in. In the midst of all the craziness of the situations I look at you and you’re still, and your face, your undoubting smile completely calms a person beside oblivious to the mess around. But the hardest part is you couldn’t have fought against this, it wasn’t about being scared or being brave you couldn’t have simply fought against it.

I wish I would have just left from here and we could have that beautiful moment in the beach house etched in our heart to cherish instead of this ache. But I guess goodbyes are the only perfect things we get.

Don’t let the pain overpower your stillness and brevity. You think you are lost in the maze, so why don’t you try and look at yourself through my eyes. You made me the man I am today, brave and undaunted by loving me. So when the time is right you have to let yourself move on because you can’t start the next chapter if you keep re-reading the last one.

And I know when I say, with your brave wings you’ll fly. Maybe we didn’t get a perfect ending, but remember we did get a beautiful one. So this is a goodbye even if didn’t have to be.

I’ll come back when you’ll call me. Until the next forever.

Yours Arjun

Samara folded the inked paper and sighed. Could she evade the heartache she felt right to her bones, when her hand clutched to the emptiness around her? Could she hold on until the next forever?

© 2016 prachi prangya agasti


Author's Note

prachi prangya agasti
Thanks for the reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is nicely written but if you could add more dialogue it will be more attractive.

Posted 7 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

7 Years Ago

Thank you....
Dear writter, amazing story

Posted 7 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

7 Years Ago

thanks....
Dr Soumya

7 Years Ago

U r welcome
Good work, the kind of work that is often published and well liked.

Posted 7 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much... :)
A amazing story written.
"Don’t let the pain overpower your stillness and brevity. You think you are lost in the maze, so why don’t you try and look at yourself through my eyes. You made me the man I am today, brave and undaunted by loving me. So when the time is right you have to let yourself move on because you can’t start the next chapter if you keep re-reading the last one. "
The above lines.Honest, worthwhile and true. I enjoyed the complete story and thank you for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much.... :)
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2016
Last Updated on May 22, 2016
Tags: Goodbyes

Author

prachi prangya agasti
prachi prangya agasti

bhubaneswar, chandrasekharpur, India



About
The person I am is the result of finite process of tests with no limits to its experiences. And the better aspect of the person I am can be reflected by the words of my family and friends. May be my i.. more..

Writing