Luna

Luna

A Chapter by Jessica
"

This is Chpt 1

"

The wind whistles against the trees, I listen to the river flow right beside me, I feel the mist of water that’s splashing against the rocks, hit my face. It's such a refreshing feeling. I lay here underneath the stars, as they light up the sky for me. I imagine the stars are dancing just for me. They're putting on a show for just me, the stars are accompanied by the big bright moon that shines it's brightest when i look at it. Then i feel the moon smile at me, with it's calming brightness. I suddenly feel a chill from a fast gust of wind. Startled, I open my eyes and feel my surroundings. I Begin to notice.... it's too quiet here. I slowly get up still feeling my surroundings, I'm not that worried, I've lived in this pathway realm for months now. This realm is always  dark and discomforting to others so no one hardly comes. If they do, they never leave. I know the darkness is never safe but, there's something that pulls my toward it. Especially here in pathway, I should know better than to trust the darkness but, the comfort it gives me is smothering. It's  sometimes overwhelming but, i seem to like it. It feels as though i can hide in the darkness, and no one will ever find me. It can be frightening sometimes it just becomes such a lonely place, but i deserve it. I deserve to be it alone, away from anyone ever again. As each day passes, i question myself "will it ever be so dark, I can't find my way back into the light?" " will I ever be lost forever?"                        

                                    A chill goes up my spine.I shutter. "they're here, i have to get out" i mummer to myself.               

                  I throw my bag across my back. I have to keep moving, once I stop they'll come, then it'll come. I hear footsteps coming from the forest. One footstep becomes many, maybe six of them or so. I smell them, they're definitely not pathway decent. I can smell death on them. They're my  people, they're creatures from from Shadow realm.                    

                  I feel the floor beneath me begin to rattle. they're getting closer. they're coming from all around.   i have to get out of here quickly. I launch myself at a tree,  I grasp on to it. I easily climb up without missing a beat. I've climbed these trees so many times, these last few months I've lost count. Once i reach the top, the footsteps stop. they're close, they're really close. I can smell them. The stench makes my nose scrunch up. I look around to make sure none of them see me, i don't want to kill again, but if i have to kill one, not to kill many i will. I inhale deeply, now feeling the real danger in the air.

                  My heart starts to pound. I leap for the tree branch in front of me. I begin to swing from tree to tree. "I have to make it to the waterfall, the rushing water will drown out my footsteps. I’m holding my breathe, with each swing of my arms it gets harder and harder to do. My heart becomes louder and faster. My chest feels like it's bout to explode, and my ears are pulsating with the beat of my heart. I feel my body begin to shake. "I'm almost there" encouraging myself with that thought. "it's almost over" i give myself one last boost of woo-rah. Then, of course just then my body begins to shake, even more erratically. "oh i can't do it anymore." i let out a small exhale. Oh, that was a terrible mistake.

                  I hear a growl ahead of me. "Danmit!" The black giant creature lunges at me. I try to hit the ground quietly, from the sudden impact. I don't need more of them coming. My hands are trembling, I must not be afraid or terrible things could happen. I get ahold of my breathing, and glance up at the creature through my fringe. 

                  The Creature shows it's teeth in a threatening gaze. He jumps on me, he's trying overpower me with his paws. Growling and slobbering all over my face. I Let out a small giggle, "trying to intimidate me won't work, young warrior" I whisper in the creatures ear. In that same moment, I slide my feet underneath him and easily shove the creature off. I launch myself at him. Without effort mid-air, I grab my blade from my boot,  and grasp it in my hand. I land on top of him, holding him down with one hand. He doesn't put up a fight or struggle he knows better. "i'm sorry" i say as my blade punctures the creature between the ribs. He let out a screeching howl. "why couldn't you die quietly?!?" I think to myself as i standup, and watch the creatures body begin to change back into a man. He sucks in air trying to catch his breathe. His hands are at his wound, trying to stop the bleeding. I grab my shirt, and wipe the blood off of my blade. I step over his body, and attempt to make my way back into the darkness. He grabs my ankle, half way over him. I look back at him, as he's choking on his own blood, he spills out "Miss Luna, please go back home, i beg of you miss."  He coughs out mists of blood. I sigh and lean down, so i can look him in the eyes. " My home is in the darkness now, sleep now warrior." I lean in closer, and place my hands gently over his eyes, to close them. He lets out his final exhale as i do that. 

                        The darkness is my home now,………I stand and make my way back into the Pathway forest.  



                Luna's running, past the tree's, she feels the wind zipping past her and nature brushing her arm and legs. As she's running, she holds up her hands, straight up in front of her and makes an X. Then yells "In the name of dark magic, open a portal to Magic Realm!!" Then makes a line straight down in front of her. A bright white/yellow light appears, and Luna runs full force straight into it.     

                In that portal there's no color, there's no darkness and no light. There's no sound, not a peep. There's just Luna spinning, spinning over and over again but, never getting dizzy. It feels as though she's been spinning for hours, but in reality she's only been for seconds. Luna steps forward and lands on a dirt road, with nothing around her, but grassy fields. She looks up at the moon "it must be around midnight.” she mummers to herself. She's grumbles and knows she has no choice, but to keep walking. She's walking in complete darkness. She looks up to count stars, maybe that'll pass the time. She look around, no stars appear to be around. She gets a disappointed look on her face. She grumbles some more and continues walking . Suddenly  her bag starts to shake, a red hat pops out, it looks up and giant black eyes appear. "oh, eggy! I'm sorry, i forgot you were there." She picks him and cuddles him. Eggy begins to spasm in her arms trying to get away. He's now throwing a full out tantrum, in her hands. He puffs out sparks of fire. Luna's voice becomes more Stern "eggy I'm sorry, calm down now. you're getting yourself all worked up." She gently begins to pet him. At first her refuses, but eventually gives into Lunas warm comforting hands. "Now to find a place to sleep" she sighs at the thought of sleeping outside. She sighs again missing her little hut she built in the pathway realm, it wasn't much, but it kept them warm. Lost in her memories she notices a light in her vision. She squints her eyes, and see's a little light, coming from a tiny house a few miles down. She starts to make her way towards it.

               When Luna finally reaches the small distant light, it turned out to be a candle lit inside of an old house. The place looked more than 100 years old, it was falling apart from the outside. There were spider webs, hanging from the corners and dew in the windows. The place gave Luna an Erie feeling. Just then, it begins to sprinkle outside. Luna takes another good look at the old creepy house, then back at the grassy fields. She thinks to herself  "i can either sleep outside in the cold, wet, loud rain. i can take a chance, and go inside this creepy place, and take a risk of getting brutally murdered." A loud thud of thunder suddenly echoes, it makes the ground shake and Luna jump. "oh yes, getting murdered sounds absolutely fantastic" she mumbles to herself as she opens the door.

               She pushes the door open, and a bright light shines in her eyes. The sound of folk music envelopes her ears. She Bats her eyelashes to adjust to the light, then she notices she's in a bar. The smell of sweat, bar food, and cheap beer enter her nose. She places her hand over her face due to the overwhelming smell. Then she noticed people are actually there, and they’re all looking at her. Luna unsure what to do takes a giant step forward, in a defensive stance. The door slams shut behind her.

                Luna stays in that stance, and a blank look on her face. Then a woman behind the bar yells  "ok, everyone get back to drinking, it's just a traveler!" Luna looks over toward the bar. A woman jumps over it, she looked as light as a feather. She lands in her thick black boots, and pants that look painted on. She starts trotting towards luna. Her Giant b***s almost popping out of her extra tiny, white shirt. Her long golden hair, swaying at her hips.  Her face is effortlessly pretty. puffy pink cheeks, giant brown eyes, pink cherry lips, and of course golden kissed skin. Luna transfixed on the big b**b woman running toward her, she's unsure what to do, so she stays in her stance. Then the big b**b blonde trips on her own feet "woah" she whines out.

                The big b**b blonde jumps back up, dusts herself and continues to make her way to Luna. Big b***s reaches her hand out, to luna and places it on her arm. " you lost doll, you don't look you're from around here, and we're kind of in the middle on no where." she says while checking luna out. Luna still trying to adapt to her surroundings, mumbles " ughhhhh, I need a place to sleep tonight.” Big b**b blonde flutters her big eyes lashes at luna and giggles out " oh, doll well, you found the right place. Welcome to Cyan's hostel for magical travelers, nice to meet you, i’m cyan, but everyone just calls me cy, and the rooms are upstairs.” Luna steps back from big b**b Cy and responds "How much a night?" "oh, instead of money, we take magical services, herbs, healing spells, anything that'll help.” cy says. " ah, underground drug trade, i see. well, I-" Luna gets cut off by Cy saying " NO, no we manage money just fine, with the bar but, there's a noMag village a few miles away, and we like to help them out with medical supplies." Luna has a confused look on her face. "aren't we in the Magic realm? isn't everyone here witches or warlocks or some type or magical creature?” Luna says with a strained confused voice.  "Don't you remember the storm that happened about 8 years ago?!? It happened towards the ending of the big war. Every noMag was sent into different realms. Of course, not everyone agreed with that, so most of them were killed, but the ones who are still alive live in darkness hidden." Cy says to luna, with a even more strained, questioning voice. Luna has a blank, look stuck on her face trying to comprehend it all.  Cy shakes her head, reaches into her shirt, and pulls out a stick with a tiny key attached to it. "Your rooms on the left side, all the way down the hall. we'll figure your payment out in the morning.” Cy says as she hands the key to Luna. Luna takes the key, and lets out a soft groan, acknowledging cy. Luna begins to walk toward the stairs, to go to her room. Cy suddenly grabs her arm “sorry, i didn’t get your name.” Luna flutters her lashes, and responds “just call me Moon.”  Cy lets go of luna’s arm, and she proceeds to go up the stairs to her room.

Luna musters all her strength to get up the stairs. once she reaches the top, she lets out a giant yawn that sent a shiver down her spine. She turns left and makes her way down the mucky hallway. The smell of the bar is intensified upstairs. Luna way too tired,  drags herself all the way down the hallway until she gets to the last room on the left. She sticks the key in the hole and turns, she grabs the sticky handle and pushes the door open. She’s greeted with the smell of a mixture of smoke and mold. Luna lets out a silent gag, and forces herself to step inside and close the door behind her. she snaps her fingers and the candles in the room light. The room is pretty small, it’s a kitchen,bathroom, living room and bedroom all smooched into a box. Luna mutters to herself “well, isn’t this homey.” The floor mat is already spread out in the corner, she tosses her bag on the side of it, then herself on it. Luna takes her blade from her boot and shoves it under her pillow. She checks her surroundings once more. There’s nothing but, the sound of glasses clicking from the bar. Luna snuggles into her mat, and let’s a long exhale. she instantly falls asleep with one hand on her blade and the other on her face.



© 2014 Jessica


Author's Note

Jessica
Be 100% honest

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
Some interesting sci-fi with some sexploitation pulp in there too, it's grabbing my interest and I am wondering where it will go. sci fi is great because of the immensity of ways you can take it and the things you can say. As much as I like b***s, I found referencing using big b***s over and over could use some changes on description, found a few small things as well, listed below. keep writing and keep on honing and rewriting, the imagination is there.

something that pulls my toward it. ( "me" toward it...)
"Danmit!" ( D****t)
I grab my blade from my boot, and grasp it in my hand. (no need to say grasp it in my hand, already implied when grabbed from boot)
brushing her arm and legs. (arms)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
1 Review
Added on September 18, 2014
Last Updated on September 18, 2014
Tags: Fantasy, Dark Magic, Dark and light, Witches, Magical realm, Realms, JustJaxa, teens


Author

Jessica
Jessica

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm writing a book right now. I just want feedback on my writing. I even want the bad feedback. Please enjoy the weird things coming out of my imagination. i"ll upload 1 chapter each week. i'd also li.. more..

Writing
Luna Luna

A Book by Jessica