New Story!

New Story!

A Story by JustMeeSarah
"

Here's the beginning of the story I started. I could use advice on a title and general things. I started it late last night. It's about 5 kids on a mission to save extinct(ing?) magical creatures(:

"

-----------------------Daniel----------------------

 

            “There it is!”

            “”No, that way, that way!”

            I streak around the corner, my tennis shoes giving a loud, disagreeing squeal as they slid across the gym. The orange ball is within touching distance, yet keeps going around the air in circles. It’s making me dizzy Sweat streaking down my face, I duck between the legs of a burly kid who was actually quite slow. I speculate for a moment if he was only on the team because of his intimidating size.

            It’s a close game­­­- seventeen to nineteen to be exact. The Coyotes are winning by those small, two points, however very significant now. Though I don’t look it, I’m one of the best players on my basketball team at the high school. Standing 5’4 and 102 pounds, I’m quite small for an eighth grader, especially competing with freshmen and sophomores. They make me look a lot punier than I actually am, particularly freshman Jonny Suns, who’s already 6’1. Everyone thinks he’ll go to the NBA.

            I’m the secret weapon. People don’t notice me, so I can duck under their legs and swipe the ball during games. I also have a big jump, which is why they call me cricket. “They” refer to my teammates and coach, “cricket” referring to my tiny size and huge slam dunk.

            I’m also not very modest.

            My clammy hand makes contact with the ball, which is hot and sticky from everyone else’s fingers patting it, rolling it, and tossing it through the air. I dart around the quickly enclosing figures. Ten feet from the designated “dunking” basket. Nine. Seven. Four, three…I lick my lips and prepare for the dive. Springing up, I’m met with the-

            “OH!” My head smacks against the floor with a dull thud sounding through my ears. I roll over clutching my stomach, though I have no idea why. I didn’t hurt my stomach. My mouth makes some sort of hissing motion through my clenched teeth and I think, why did I say “oh”? People don’t say ‘Oh’ when they get hurt. That’s stupid. They say “ouch”.

            “Oh, oh…Oh Jeez.” Burly kid is back. And he’s angry. I didn’t even have to blink back the dizziness; my eyes shut anyway.

 

 


----------------------Catherine----------------------

 

            Sally the calico cat thought she was purr-fect. I sat on my bed, staring intently at her. Silly cat. Sitting there, licking her paws and narrowing her eyes at me as if to say, “I bet you can’t do this- oh look! Now you can’t catch me because I’m going to go hide on top of the refrigerator where you obviouslynever look and you can’t reach because I’m just too much of a cool cat like that!”

            Pshh. Yeah, right. Sorry kitty.

© 2013 JustMeeSarah


Author's Note

JustMeeSarah
I started this late last night. Tell me what you guys think? I would love ideas for titles, names, climax, etc :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good start. This has potential :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


JustMeeSarah

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:)
WHY DIDN'T YOU TEL ME YOU WERE GONNA PUT UP ANOTHER STORY? O.O
Your vocab is realllyy nice, that's for sure! :D
Although I don't know what the plot is, mayebeee you ould tell me? x)

Posted 11 Years Ago


JustMeeSarah

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I will message you the plot :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2013
Last Updated on January 15, 2013

Author

JustMeeSarah
JustMeeSarah

About
Hello! My name is Sarah! I am a young author who loves to write! I've just completed my first novel called "Riding that Starry Night". I ride horses, and most of what I write is inspired by them. Chec.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Story by JustMeeSarah


Prologue~ Prologue~

A Story by JustMeeSarah



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dark Rider