Chapter 1: Within the Darkness

Chapter 1: Within the Darkness

A Chapter by Justateddyberry

Hi? My name is.. X, or least that's what I remember. I don't really have any idea who I am. All I know is that I feel like I'm starting to lose it. I might be going crazy for all you know, and I still don't why. It all started like this.


I was in this place. I don't know where but it feels familiar, as if it was somewhere near my hometown. It was strange. Everywhere was covered with darkness, so dark until I couldn't even see my own hand. All I could hear was eerie sounds haunting me, as if I was its prey. I was trying not to be afraid, but I didn't know where the sounds were coming from and even more, nothing was in sight. Afraid, I started to pick up my footsteps, but the sounds didn't seem to give up. It kept up with its chase, and soon enough, I was running. Yes, just like in every horror movie. I ran, and ran. Even though I didn't know where I was going, I just knew that I had to get away from the hunt. Before I knew it, I hit something that seemed like a wall, and all the sounds disappeared right at that moment.


Thinking of it as a resting place, I slowly sat down, sliding my back on the wall. ''Finally..'' I thought, ''I'm safe''. Breathing hard, I tried to hold on to something for support. It was all calm, until something that seemed like water, was dripping on my head. Reaching to touch it, it grabbed my hand. Pulling me high up so fast I could feel my skin tearing, and the bones from within.



© 2017 Justateddyberry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the intensity, but I'd try throwing myself in deeper, like maybe start where you finished, and work from there.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Justateddyberry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your feedback :) will work on that

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 2, 2017
Last Updated on March 8, 2017
Tags: Short Stories, Fantasy, The X Series


Author

Justateddyberry
Justateddyberry

Singapore



About
Broken, or breaking through? more..

Writing