Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Justyn
"

this is the Prologue of the book, which is like an author's note made into a story

"

You suddenly find yourself in a forest. You notice that everything is more vibrant than in any forest you've been in before. As you soak in what you see, you hear leaves crunch as you walk around trying to make sense of what is happening. The wind has the scents of wildflowers from a nearby meadow in the distance. You feel the leaves brush against your skin. However, nothing is there for you to taste other than anticipation of what's coming next. Eventually after wandering around aimlessly for some time, you see someone with a fancy-looking white paint bucket painting some blackberries white with the paint. You ask them what they are doing. And they are shocked to see you they act as though they were caught red-handed. Then they talk to themselves yelling out "Master I have made a grievous error can you please fix it for me" Suddenly a benevolent-sounding voice is heard and it says "Your request is granted my child" Suddenly the blackberries lose the paint on them and they began to glow with an otherworldly light. The person turns to you and says "Where are my manors, I'm Justyn, what's your name?" you tell Justyn your name and he says your name and then says "Welcome to the inside of my brain. You caught me at a bad time, you see I suffer from a problem called self-perfectionism. It's one of the reasons that cause the fruit of my labor to become dark, and I always have to make a choice of do I want people to think I'm a good person or actually be a good person. It's a problem I face that I personally believe is due to being autistic. That reminds me, just in the prologue and in the epilogue will the story be told in a second person view. Now to get to business, I have been through a lot of trials in life and it amazes people to know that despite the hardships I've faced, I've always chosen Christ to help me with my trials.

Another thing I deal with due to being autistic is anxiety. Imagine having a voice in your head that never has your best interest at heart and whose goal is to make you feel miserable while annoying you into doing what it tells you to do. I thought I would do it this way instead of an autobiography as I find those boring to read. So I'm mixing my Life experiences with the hero's journey trope where characters must face what I've been through in life, dealing with the same trauma I've faced in life. That reminds me, Take this umbrella you're going to need it." Suddenly dark clouds appear in the sky, the trees creak as a strong breeze hits the trees. Thunder and Lighting start to happen and it begins to literally rain down cats and dogs of various breeds. You open your umbrella and Justyn opens his. As the cats and dogs hit the ground, they turn into water which splashes everywhere around the both of you, before being absorbed by the ground. "Needless to say," Justyn says, "I need to constantly do good work, or else these problems happen." Suddenly a garden hedge comes out of the ground. Justyn continued to speak "Follow me and we'll reach a rock at the end of this garden, it will help us weather the storm. You follow Justyn as he runs toward the rock when you reach it you see a strange-looking house on the rock. It has white paint and a golden roof. You both walk inside leaving the umbrellas by the door and go to the living room which is a grandiose room full of pictures on the walls of various things Justyn has done in his life. You sit down on a couch and Justyn sits down next to you. Next to the couch is a table with a book labeled "MacGuffin" Justyn says " This is a special book. With it, I can make the characters aware they are in a simulation.

I look forward to seeing how a 25-year-old man with amnesia and the ability to tame creatures named Alex will do if he has this book's copy in the story. So without further ado, jump into the book. And I'll see you in the epilogue." as you tumble down after falling into the book, you close your eyes for a moment. 



© 2023 Justyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on May 7, 2023
Last Updated on May 8, 2023


Author

Justyn
Justyn

Hermiston, OR



About
I like to read, write, take pictures, paint, draw, and blog more..

Writing