Unskilled Labor

Unskilled Labor

A Poem by K.C. Zbryk

There are the intellectuals

                 The philosophers

They know the books

 

There are the lovers

                 The poets

They know the words

 

There are those who

                 Can do nothing

 

But occasionally

There is someone

      Who doesn’t know the books…

            Who doesn’t know the words…

Who only knows survival

 

These people are relentless

    Sometimes called heartless

         But they are the ones

               Who simply do

                       What needs to be done.

 

They pull the metaphorical trigger

They overcome the unimaginable

They will not be stopped

By something so simple as

The words

‘You can’t.’

 

In my opinion

The sheer act of accomplishment

The knowledge gained from

Active survival

May outweigh all the books

With all of their words

 

And the act was accomplished

Because someone told them

‘You can’t.’

06/01/2012

© 2012 K.C. Zbryk


Author's Note

K.C. Zbryk
0600 am

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is really cool, the feat of survival is just as poetic as all other acts of accomplishment, our contribution to life is valuable in some way, it is great to prove the naysayers wrong by surviving the challenges and finding our own ways of working things out, it is by no means an easy journey, your words empower those who have been discouraged, disadvantaged and despite their condition in life, they want to emerge triumphant for their own dignity... this is a motivating, topical piece and it shows that people are capable of amazing things.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Utterly inspirational and absolutely astounding work, my friend. In my journey, I am beginning to draw the road map to survival and prosperity. And, one of the things that really pushes me is the voice of those who say "You can't". I hear them all the time and the cacophony they create is crude and harsh but yes -- like you said -- it sends me racing in the opposite direction. Thanks a million for this post.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this spoke to me in ways i understand, it tells of heroism at its finest. an inspiring and encouraging write. enjoyed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I’m not sure what makes good poetry, but I know that is rather spectacular. You kept my attention through the entire poem and I must say that was intrigued and captivated. Keep it up, this is by far one of my favourite poems that I’ve read. I think it was the honesty and truth behind your words.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is really cool, the feat of survival is just as poetic as all other acts of accomplishment, our contribution to life is valuable in some way, it is great to prove the naysayers wrong by surviving the challenges and finding our own ways of working things out, it is by no means an easy journey, your words empower those who have been discouraged, disadvantaged and despite their condition in life, they want to emerge triumphant for their own dignity... this is a motivating, topical piece and it shows that people are capable of amazing things.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

and so true! well penned!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 6, 2012
Last Updated on June 6, 2012

Author

K.C. Zbryk
K.C. Zbryk

that one with the lights, and buildings too!, CO



About
Hi I'm Kiefer. Not the actor, or any other strange kiefer titled product, I'm just an amateur writer working on some stories and spitting out the occasional poem. Everything that is posted here is.. more..

Writing