How moral?

How moral?

A Story by John
"

Just a question everyone needs to ask themselves today in this EFD up world.

"

Normally I would have nothing to say for fear that people would feel that what I had to say isn’t worth their time to read. But, I can no longer sit silent on the sidelines when there is so much immoral behavior happening with so many. It has reached the point of disgust for me. Every day I think to myself: “how could those claiming to be better than the next guy honestly reach a level of moral certainty and condone other’s actions?” Whether you like the people in power (or not) there has got to be a point where you say “that’s just wrong.” Never in my lifetime have I thought that my beloved United States could ever sink this low morally, and become so racially divided? When did the time come that where people are so scared to speak up that you would allow a person or persons to divide us as they have. We are the greatest country in the world believing in freedom of speech, equality toward men and women and the freedom to have your own mind not being told how to believe. Matter of fact, we were even known as the land of opportunity - where immigrates came to our Country to have a better life than the one he or she left behind. As Americans, we should look in the mirror and have an honest, truthful conversation with ourselves and ask: “do I truly accept the morally corrupt rhetoric that is being spewed in our faces right now, throughout our great country?” I truly believe that we will be doomed to repeat the last 4 years of complete and utter immorally childish behavior our leadership has shown.

You know when I was young it was wrong to call people bad names - you would get a spanking. As a matter of fact, when I was in first grade I was sent to the principal’s office because someone misunderstood what I said and took it the wrong way. Hell, when I was young, people were taught to respect one another because you were speaking to another human being - not someone or something less than yourself. In today’s society morality seems to be a luxury that we can't afford nor do we want for our lives today. Honestly, the best thing I found to do is ask myself: “would I allow someone treating my daughter or mother that way?” Which way does your moral compass point? Does it point toward the person who has shattered our belief in morality, but plays to our baser instincts- domination, ego, pride… Or does it point to the person trying to do the right thing? Anyhow have a Fantastically moral day.

© 2019 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on November 16, 2019
Last Updated on November 16, 2019
Tags: morality

Author

John
John

deland, FL



About
Hi my name is john I am a quadriplegic because of a motorcycle accident. I truly feel I am living the best version of my life. I want to share some of my experiences along the way good or bad. I start.. more..

Writing
12 years 12 years

A Story by John


My wish My wish

A Story by John