Chapter 1: Meeting

Chapter 1: Meeting

A Chapter by K.E. Henderson
"

Chapter one! Meeting most of the characters and a little background

"

Chapter 1: Meeting

I was in a cold sweat as I woke up. It was only six in the morning. I remembered today was my first day of a real high school. For most of my school years it had been with a bunch of stone cold killers and psychos. I could only thank God I had made friends with a few kids from my new school at a party over the summer. They were cool.

            I rubbed my right forearm. The tattoo was scarred into my skin. Numbers, 1101, that's what they did in the Juvey. To keep track of us they tattooed numbers into our arms, later in a class I figured out that's what they did in concentration camps. I listened closely to my younger brother's breathing. It was heavy and steady, he was still asleep. Beside me, my two year old snored. He had a nightmare last night too.

I had gotten with his mom in Juvey. I was fourteen when he was born. I also had no idea about him until I got home, three months ago. Shana had went psycho and left him alone for hours. DHS took him and gave him to my mom who introduced us. I ended up in court fighting for him. They were reluctant to give him to me but did and they came by every week to check on things. After two months they stopped checking because he seemed happier than ever. He had asthma and something up with his blood sugar. I had to keep him eating food high in sugar. I watched his chest rise and fall. Spiderman printed on his pajamas. I got up and went to the bathroom. I turned the light on and squinted at the brightness. I splashed water on my face to wake up. I looked through my hair into the mirror. To get it out of my face, I ran a hand through it, calming myself when I didn't even know I was tense.

I could see all but one of my tattoos. I had Love and Hate tattooed on my knuckles. On the left side of my chest I had an E with little white wings along with the dates of our birthday and my sister's death. The numbers on my right arm were raised slightly because they weren't only ink. It was a makeshift scar. I turned and looked at the tattoo printed down my whole back. Two angel wings scaled my back. My least shameful one was Seth's name scrawled on my left forearm.

I almost laughed because I looked like such a great father. I was doing pretty well with only having him for three months. I stretched and found fresh clothes. I went to the kitchen and opened a tub of icing and made breakfast. One by one everyone started waking up. Sy was first. He was my six year old half brother. Mom had gotten married and pregnant while I was away. Her husband had died a week after I got back. It was tragic and after three weeks of me taking care of everything, Mom finally snapped back. Sy and his dad Syler looked a lot alike. Sy had his deep red hair, brown eyes, and freckles, but Sy had mom's scowl when she was upset. I gave him his food and he ate grumpily almost grudgingly. He was never a morning person. Next came Seth. He came down the hall rubbing his eyes, "Daddy?"

"What?" I carried him the rest of the way to the table.

"Do you have work today?" His green eyes shone with oncoming tears.

"No, I have school. I'll be back at three. You are going to have fun at Day Care. Okay?"

He was watching Sy, "What are you doing?"

Sy sneered, "School, stupid."

"Hey, knock it off. Be nice, Sy," I said calmly.

"Teach him not to be an idiot," Now he was just picking a fight.

I handed Seth his plate, "Sy's just mad because Grandma didn't let him stay up."

Sy grumbled and stuck his tongue out which made Seth laughed. He jumped out of his seat to hit him but I grabbed his arm, "Sy, pick your fights wisely."

"Shut up! Dummy!"

"Shh! You are going to wake Mom," I looked towards the closed door.

            He smiled and started screaming, "Mom! Mom!"

She came out of her room with a snarl, "What?"

"Kacey is being mean," He lied.

I mumbled lightly, "You little s**t."

            To that he just grinned. Mom reached out her hand and I gave her coffee. She either didn't care or didn't hear what he said. She took in my appearance, "Where are you going?"

            "I have school and you have work."

"Ah, yeah. You are taking the boys?"

"Yes."

"Okay. I don't want a call from the offices, okay?" Her gaze went from me to Sy.

"Yes, Mom." We huffed.

She went back to her room. I ate my breakfast and cleared the table. I got both the boys ready with little trouble. I had them packed in the car at seven. Seth hated his car seat, "Sy doesn't need one! Daddy!"

"Sy's older."

"I wanna be older."

"I know, kid," I ran my hand through his hair, so much like mine. He looked so much like me at his age, it was weird. I have no idea what he got from Shana but his face looked just like mine. His bright green eyes were a perfect match to mine. His hair was real blonde. Just like mine was before I dyed it black. I did it to make myself look less like Ralph. His hair was blonde too. I didn't see Ralph in Seth but I saw him in me and that scared me.

I pulled into Seth's Day Care first. I walked him in. The older lady, with a greying tight bun, working the counter gave me the once over then got to her feet, "Hello. And you are?"

"I'm Kacey. This is Seth. I came by yesterday?" I was flirting lightly hoping she would get through this faster.

            "Oh yes. I heard about you guys. Come back here," She led me to a big room with a bunch of toddlers around Seth's age. He hugged me tighter, "This is his room. He'll have fun. Won't you Seth?"

            Seth shook his head, "Don't leave me."

This wasn't easy for me either. I put my forehead to his, "It's only for a few hours. You'll make friends. I promise."

"Okay," He got down and grabbed his backpack from me and cautiously approached a bundle of kids.

The lady grabbed my shoulder, "It's nice of you to drop your little brother off."

"Oh, He isn't my brother. He's mine."

            "Like your kid?"

No my dog.

"Yeah. I have to go to school and this was my only real option. So, thanks." 

"Uh, ok. I just need you to write down all his health concerns," She handed me a clipboard off the door and a pen. I scrawled them down. She looked it over and nodded, "Okay. We can handle it from here. Have a good day."

I swear I could feel her checking me out all the way out the door. Sy was sitting in the backseat with his arms crossed, "Step on it, bro!"

"Chill. We'll still be twenty minutes early."

That was another way we were different. He let everyone know exactly how he was feeling and why. I was more of an introvert with emotions. I learned to mask those a long time ago.

As I dropped Sy off, he waved to a boy with huge blue eyes and shaggy brown hair. He nearly jumped out of the car while it was still going. He yelled past a few teachers, "MIKEY!"

The kid saw Sy and waited for him to catch up. I drove off knowing he was going to have a good first day. Mine on the other hand was going to suck. As soon as I got to my new school the parking lot was nearly full. I parked next to Tyler and Joe and Jason. Rose was leaning against Tyler. They were that disgustingly cute couple that everyone loved but hated at the exact same time. I had met them all at a party I had gone to over a weekend in the summer.

 Jason was smoking as usual. He offered me one but I refused, "No thanks.

He shrugged. He and Joe were twins. They used to be huge track stars in middle school but their brother died in a car accident. Later that same year their dad committed suicide. Jason was the one who found him. Their mom broke down at least once a day. It took a toll on Jason more than Joe, but I could tell that it bothered Joe that Jason hurt so much.

Tyler was different. He was calm and the problem diffuser. He was a year older than me but also a junior. He had never stayed in one home for more than a year until he was fourteen. Miss Delaney adopted him. She was thirty but fell instantly in love with his sweet, calm persona. He lived with her until he turned eighteen. He got his own house that was only a few blocks from her house. He was also my best friend and that's saying a lot. I never let myself get close to people that aren't family, but after he diffused a fight where I'd have to take on three kids I was pretty grateful. I have only had to hit him once and he was drunk. He had slapped Rose and I punched him for it. He swore to never drink if I swore to never hit him again. From then on we were best buds.

Rose, his girlfriend, was more like me. We had almost the same anger issues. We stood up for what we believed in. Both of us were very strong headed which wasn't very good. Constantly, we were down each other's throats. Still, we were close friends. I would protect her from anything, not that she needed it. Her dad had never been around and her mom was somewhat of a w***e. She brought home so many men that Rose had stopped keeping track. One had gotten a hold of her. She has been terrified of older men ever since. She won't let it show unless Tyler or I are there. She trusts us four and that's about it.

            Joe took Jason's cigarette and threw it on the ground and stomped it out, "You ready?"

Jason rolled his eyes but didn't say anything. They were all looking at me.

"Yeah, I guess."

"What is your first class?" Tyler had his arm around Rose. She was scanning the parking lot for someone.    "Uh, English three. Rose, who are you looking for?" I asked.
"No one!" She snapped.

Tyler chuckled, "Chill out."

I got to the door and stopped, "I don't want to go anymore. I'll just come back tomorrow."

"No!" Tyler grabbed my jacket and pulled me through the door and let go. The halls were just like the parking lot, nearly filled.

Tyler leaned down and whispered in my ear, "They can smell new kid so don't draw attention to yourself. It's a good thing for that jacket because your tattoos are just asking for trouble. Especially keep your numbers hidden. Girls around this school are going crazy because they like those videos of you in Juvey."

            I sighed, "This is going to be a long day," I could already hear the giggles from girls as I walked by. Rose had her nose up and her combat boots almost sounded like they hit the ground harder than usual. At our lockers we split up. Tyler was right next to me somehow. His eyes widened and he faced his locker quickly. Someone tapped my shoulder. I leaned against my locker and looked at the two girls, "Yes?"

            They giggled. "I'm Amber and this is Ashley. We are the welcoming committee."

"Uh huh?" I looked at Tyler. He shook his head, "No thanks, girls. I know where everything is."

Amber leaned closer to me, "I'll take you to the Biology lab. Ashley will go find a new kid," Her voice was low, provocative.

            "Ah, sorry, going to have to pass. I have English first hour. Later, Amber. See ya, Ashley."

Both girls stood there stunned as Tyler and I walked to first hour. We sat in the back. Jason walked into class rolling his eyes, "Damn jocks."

Tyler laughed, "What happened?"

"Sam and Joe almost got into it, again. It’s incredible how much they despise each other."

            "Sam?" I was confused.

"He is a jock, you know, sports enthusiast?"

"I know what a jock is. We had a few. They didn't last long though, they were too cocky."

"Well, they are even more so here. This is a sports school. Your good at sports, everybody likes you even if they hate you.”

            "Uh, ok? So why do they hate each other?"

"Sam called Jason and Joe's mom a psychotic b***h. Then Joe went crazy and attacked him and won. Ever since then, it's never stopped."

Jason shrugged and sat down. A blonde girl in a cheer-leading uniform came running into the classroom. She looked pissed off or nervous. Tyler pointed at her as she arranged the stuff in her hands between two desks, "That's Katherine Matthews otherwise known as Katie. Cheerleader, prep, and all around snob. She's a rumoraholic. Just don't talk to her if you don't have to."

            "Wasn't planning on it," I was reading my desk when something sparkled in my peripheral vision. I looked over and stopped. Katie was talking to a beautiful, blue eyed, brunette. Her legs were long and sun kissed which made me quite jealous of the sun. Her cheerleader uniform showed her wonderful curves. Her smile was white and perfect. Her hair fell into caramel waves down her back.

"That-" Tyler startled me out of my trance," Is Nicole Marie Smith. Everyone calls her Marie. Very hott but taken. She is high class if you couldn’t tell by her diamond anklet and all around good looks."

I ripped my gaze from her to Tyler. He smiled, "She's a breath taker. Joe kept a pencil of hers for a while because he hoped she'd ask for it back. He threw it away last week. He borrowed it four years ago."

I smiled. Tyler got a devious grin and looked past my desk.

"Hey, Tyler." The voice was sweet as sugar.

Butterflies pounded in my stomach.

No not butterflies, Bees.

Mean.

Furious.

Bees.

I turned slowly and calmly, swallowing my emotions.  She was staring at me openly, "I know you from somewhere."

I panicked and turned to Tyler. His eyes were calm. His eyes were on my arm, then to Marie. She was still staring when I looked at her again.

            "From where?" It came out a lot smoother than I thought it would.

She blinked a few times, "I don't know. You look like one of my mom's friends. She has those deep green eyes like you do. Do you know Jo Anne? Jo Anne, I think her last name is Blake?"

I laughed, "Yeah. That's my mom. No offense, but it doesn't seem possible that someone like my mom, can have a friend like you."

            "What do you mean? My mom adores your mom. We aren't shallow. Well okay. Some of us are but my mom is pretty nice when she wants to be. How is your mom?"

            "She's doing great."

"What about the little boy? How is he?"

            "Seth? He's great. He's actually my-”

Tyler cut me off, "His best bud. Seth just loves Kacey."

"Oh, yeah, your name is Kacanyal. I remember because your mom said something about you and when I asked where you were, she totally avoided the question. So where were you?"

            "Grandma's, I got in trouble when I was little so I got sent there," It was such a smooth lie it came out naturally.

"Oh, well. Our moms are catching up Friday. I was thinking about going. Will you be home?"

Katie started pulling on her arm, "He's coming."

"We'll see," I answered.

Marie tore her eyes away from the door long enough to smile at me, "I'll look forward to seeing you there. Talk to you later."

She ran to her desk and sat down. Right when she sat down, a built blonde walked in. His arms were twice the size of mine. I already didn't like him. The way he walked, it was obvious he knew he was intimidating. He wore a smile that said he had been throwing nerds in trash cans for years.

Jason nudged my shoulder, "That's Jonathan Matthews, Katie's older brother and Marie's boyfriend. They have been dating for a year. It’s the typical, head cheerleader and football captain."

"He must work out a lot," Was all I could think to say.

"Every day for two hours at least, why?”

            "He is going for big not strong."

"He's still pretty strong," Jason rubbed his arm, "And how would you know?"

"The strongest kids I've met were smaller than him. You don't get that big on accident. He's material," I stated as I read some more profanities off my desk.

I pulled my jacket sleeves past my knuckles as the teacher walked in. He was hopelessly old and confused. He shook as he tried writing on the board. He turned his back to us. Marie and Katie giggled lightly. John was talking to a few kids around him. They pointed at me. I kept my eyes on the pencil I was twirling in my fingers, until that whole side of the room was staring at me. I looked up, all but John turned away.

I shrugged. Jason leaned over, "Careful, he kind of has a temper."

"I'm not doing anything."

Tyler sighed, "S**t. He's going to start s**t with you."

"Why me?"

            "You're new."

"D****t," Our voices were lowered so they couldn't hear.

            Mr. Greenback cursed, "I'll be right back. I'm going to make copies of the syllabus. No talking!"

He left the room. When the door clicked shut John's desk slid against the floor. I didn't move as he slammed his hands on my desk. I worked my jaw slightly, "Yes?"

            "You're new aren't you? I could tell from that scared look," His smile was telling me I should be scared.

What he didn't know was I had seen smiles similar to that my whole life I was wearing something closer to a smirk, "Why would I be scared? I shouldn't have a reason to be, right?"

He thought about it a moment, "You should. We have a welcoming ceremony for new kids. It's called swimming in the dumpster."

I took a deep breath and stood up. Tyler put his hand on my shoulder, "Chill. John, just back off."

"Why?"

"He's been stressed. You both are pretty testy and this wouldn't end well for anyone."

"You saying, I can't take him out easily?" This was really getting under John's skin. His face was turning red. I bit my lip ring to keep from smiling.

"What are you smiling about, stupid?" John shouted. This got the classes attention.

I openly laughed, "You just love attention don't you?"

            He pulled a fist back and Marie grabbed it, "John! Stop it! You are being stupid!"

"What?" He whipped around so fast; I thought he was going to hit her. Instead his fist came down.

            "If you hit him, you will be the stupid one. He didn't do anything to you."

John wrapped her in his arms and kissed her hard on the mouth. I rolled my eyes covering the fact I just didn’t want to watch. He was smiling when I turned back. The door moved and we all sat back down. I spent the rest of the day watching the clock. Last hour was definitely my least favorite. As soon as I walked in, I noticed there was no clock. I sat in the back again. Joe sat beside me grumbling. His eyes were on the door.

            “Are you looking for someone?”

He jumped as if he didn't notice me, "Uh, yes and no. I heard Maniy is in this class. You know?"

"Uh, no," I tried to keep the sarcasm out of my voice.

"Sam Maniy? He's John's best man. Right hand man, wing man, whatever. We go way back."

            "Oh, yeah. I heard about that," As I said it, a baby-face brunette walked in. He was slender and was exactly the way I pictured him. I could tell he cheated on every girl he ever dated, just by looking at him.

            Joe muttered, "Scum bag."

Sam stopped, "ZOELY!"

They both smiled huge fake smiles that spoke volumes in how much they truly despised each other. The teacher walked in and shut the door right as the bell rang. A poor kid was locked outside. The teacher shrugged. He was bald and had oval glasses. His room was dead quiet. He carried around a wooden gavel. Sam sat at the front, far from Joe.

"Hello class, I'm Mr. Winston. I expect you all to follow my rules, no exceptions. There will be no talking unless told it's alright, no jackets, and no piercings besides girl’s ears, no gloves, and definitely no hats."

            I didn't move even though I was breaking almost every rule. He turned directly towards me, "You can stand up and take everything offensive off.

            "But-"

"No exceptions!"

I put my hands up and stood. I wasn't the least embarrassed about taking off my hat. I ran my fingers through my hair a few times so it looked tousled instead of hat hair. I pulled out my lip and eyebrow ring. Then paused. He made a continuing motion. I pulled off my gloves. There were a few small gasps. I removed my jacket and two girls started literally fanning themselves. I nonchalantly kept the numbers on my arm facing inward so no one could see them.

"You may sit down now."

I sat. Joe pulled off his hat and snickered. I rolled my eyes. Mr. Winston called us by our last names. I noticed a few people waiting for my name to be called, "Jones!"

            I raised my hand, "Here"

Sam was eyeing my arms. I covered the numbers instinctively. After a few seconds he decided whatever he was trying to figure out and turned away. Joe leaned in, "I don't know what's up his a*s but he has been moody."

Joe's name was last as usual, "Zoely?"

"Here!"

"Oh great, now it's the troublesome one."

Joe turned to me with his thumbs up. I rolled my eyes. In that class, I felt like it was more of a dictatorship. The teacher was a hard-a*s. My thoughts kept trailing to Marie. Her diamond anklet and those legs. It took the whole hour for the teacher to go over the syllabus. After class, I made it back to my locker. I leaned my head on the cool metal. I could feel it throbbing. Tyler was leaned against the lockers next to me, "Rough day?"

"Just head ache inducing."

"You might want to cover your ears," Rose smirked.

"Why?" I looked at her from the corner of my eye.

Three loud squeals rang across the hallways. My reflexes kicked in and I whipped around. Tyler and Jason grabbed my jacket to pull me back. I felt my muscles relax as I realized it was just girls greeting each other. Rose was watching me closely, "So all that s**t in those videos really happened?"

"Hush!" Tyler hissed.

She shrugged, "People are too stupid to put two and two together here. They all believe they are the center of the universe, too busy involved in their own problems. So?"

"Yeah. None of it is edited. But, we did keep the worst ones to ourselves."

"Yeah and if someone decides to look under your bed? You’re screwed," Tyler muttered.

I shot him a look that could have killed. His eyes got huge, "I'm sorry. I forgot they didn't know."

Joe got really close, "You mean they are under your bed? Right now?"

"Shut it!" I snapped.

"Kacanyal Jones?"

            I sighed but straightened my shoulders, "Hm?"

It was the principal, Mr. Hallock, "Come with me to my office."

I put up my binder and waved to the guys, "See you tomorrow."

Joe mumbled, "Maybe," And they left.

In his office, I remained standing watching the clock. I had ten minutes before Sy was out of his school. Mr. Hallock sat and locked his hands in a temple, "How was your first day?"

            "Uh, good?" Checked the clock again, nine minutes.

"Is there somewhere you need to go, Kacanyal?" He seemed amused.

"Yes. I have to get Sy, my brother from the little kid school. He's six," I watched the way his eyes grew in surprise.

            "I understand you also have a kid? We have your records. I just wanted you to know, we know everything," I could tell he was weighing my reaction. His eyes went behind me, then back to mine. I knew automatically he was looking at security just in case I went crazy.

            I nodded calmly, "Alright. So why did you let me come here?"

"We were ready for you to cause trouble but you didn't. Even when John tried something. Yes, I know about that. None of the students know about your past. I want this school to be good for you. I just wanted to warn you that we don't let a lot slide and with your violent past I was just making sure that wasn't a problem," He leaned forward.

            "I want to behave as much as you want me too. I swear. I don't even want to cause a scene, anything to keep people away from me. I just want to be treated like a normal kid. I don't want to be targeted because of my past.”

            "Good, so we are at an understanding?"

I checked the clock. Five minutes, "Yes. I have to go."

"You may go. Just remember, people will try to get under your skin."

"I learned that a long time ago," Was the last thing I said before I walked out the door.

I pulled up to Sy's school only a minute late. He ran up to the car with the kid from that morning behind him, "Can Mikey come home with us, please?"

            "What do his parents say?" I raised an eyebrow.

Instead of answering, when a silver pick-up pulled up behind me, they both jumped into the car and buckled in the backseat on both sides of the Seth's empty car seat.

Mikey didn't say anything but kept staring at that truck. Sy shook my chair, "Drive, Drive! DRIVE!!"

I caught sight of her in the rear view mirror. I smirked and bit my lip ring. I just put two and two together. Marie was already yelling, "Michael! Get your butt out of that car right now!"

"No!"

"Yes!" She leaned into the car and reached into the back without even looking at me.

            "No!" Sy and Mikey said together.

"John isn't going to be happy if he can't come over!"

"I hate John!"

"Well he hates you too," She unbuckled Mikey and Sy grabbed my shoulder, "Stop her!"

"She's not going to listen to me," I shrugged.

She dropped Mikey and whacked her head on the top of my car, "Hey," She sounded fine. Then she giggled, "Ouch!"

            "Uh, hey. Why can't he come over, again?" I just wanted to talk to her but this was a good reason.

"Well, my parents won't let John come over unless Mikey is there and if John's there and he isn't, I get grounded," Her eyes were looking everywhere else but mine.

Her eyes were a soft blue. Sincere eyes, "I can take him later, before your parents get home. If you want."

"Seriously?"

"Sure." Anything you want.

I sounded ready to jump off a building for her. Which, I probably was.

She smiled, "Alright. Thanks."

Sy laughed with Mikey, "Hey, Marie! Guess what?" He almost sang.

"What?" Her eyes found mine and rested there a minute before turning to him.

"Kacey wants to do you!"

Both mine and Marie's jaws dropped. I composed myself before she did, "Sy! Do you even know what that means?"

"Mom says it's when adults bed-wrestle."

I turned back to Marie, "I am so sorry. I don't know where he got that."

            "I understand. Mikey does the exact same thing. Anything to embarrass me."

I was glaring at Sy. Mikey was glancing back towards what I knew to be John's truck, "Lucky he isn't here."

Sy laughed, "Kacey can kick his butt! My brother can fight. He has some videos of it."

I thumped him on the forehead, "Hey!"

            "Oh, sorry. Forgot."

Marie seemed to be occupied with the truck too, "Well, I have to go. Bring him home around seven?"

            "Alright. No problem."

She smiled and waved. She jumped back into his truck and I pulled away from the school. Mikey got confused, "This isn't the way to your guys' house."

Sy laughed, "We have to get Seth silly. He's in Day Care. It's right up here!"

I parked and faced the boys, "Don't move! Okay?"

            "Yup."

I got out but left the car running. I walked in and noticed it was a younger girl working. Her hair was black and pulled into a ponytail. She looked maybe twenty. I tapped my finger on the counter. She looked up and jumped. She automatically started smoothing her hair, "Hey," Batting eyelashes.

            I leaned on the counter, "I'm here to pick up Seth Jones."

"Oh, right this way."

She led me to the same room I dropped him off in, instead of opening the door she grabbed me and leaned against me so I leaned against the wall. Her lips were over mine. I just stood there a second until she realized I wasn't kissing back. She finally pried herself away. Her breathing was heavy, "Sorry, I don't know what came over me." Surprisingly that wasn't the first time that happened to me.

            "They never do," I rolled my eyes.

She opened the door, "So is he your brother?"

"No. He's mine."

Seth ran up to me, "Daddy!"

"Did you have fun?" I picked him up.

"Yeah. You met Miss Claire. She gave me a candy bar. She is really nice."

            Miss Claire finally composed herself, "How old are you?"

"Seventeen."

            "And he's two?"

"Yes,"

            "So that would make you-"

"Fourteen. It was nice meeting you," I left. She was still standing with her mouth ajar and her eyes wide.

I leaned over Sy to buckle Seth in, "How was school, Daddy?"

"It was fine. Did you like Day Care?"

"Yes! Except they tried making me take a nap. I just sat on my nap mat and stayed really quiet. They didn't know what to do because I wasn't being bad. I just didn't want a nap. I wasn't even tired. I still ain't."

            Sy laughed, "Well, my first day was awesome. I didn't get in a fight. Isn't that good?"

"That's great," I turned into our driveway.

Mom was parked in the driveway, "Well, your home late."

I composed myself so she knew I wasn't sassing just explaining, "We had a situation at Sy's school and another at Day Care. It isn't my fault."

"Oh really? You’re saying you couldn't avoid those situations? Hm?" She had her hands on her hips.

            I rolled my eyes and walked past her. Then she saw Mikey, "Mikey! How's your mom? Do you know if we still have plans tomorrow?"

            Mom's moods were wild and erratic. There was no way to know how she was feeling until she started talking. At the happiest moment she can get angry and when every things falling apart she is almost calm. Seth was unbuckled and running in front of me into the house.



© 2014 K.E. Henderson


Author's Note

K.E. Henderson
Again, please let me know if anything seems off.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 8, 2014