The Philosopher's Poem

The Philosopher's Poem

A Poem by K. Harding
"

The Unknown Soldier

"

A constellation of arduous waterfalls; a remedial cadence of his heart.
He craves the night; to waltz amidst shadows in the blood of darkness. 
A nocturnal birdsong, the poisonous kiss of tainted rain,
Painting the toxic hues of his breath into smoke,
Until the ash settles upon the tomb of the philosopher; the Unknown Soldier.

 

Mourn as his whiskey tears subdue sanities lacing the stars.
Let the tears fall upon broken tides crashing at his deities.
Walk the oceans,
The path of dreams enslaving his tongue,
Find peace within the poetry inscribed on his empty parchment.

 

No compass shall guide to an innocent heart, vaccinated from human souls.
Disembodied; if only his heart were carved from stone.
Bleed no more in transient skies,
Where innocence meets the cross,
He walks within his poetry; if only he had a home...

© 2016 K. Harding


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i see this as the poet bearing his or her own cross...trying to find some kind of salvation from writing....dreams might enslave his tongue...but the speaking out has to happen...and he or she may be betrayed with a kiss...but without compass, with just our words, we eventually find Calvary...but then poetic death and resurrection, over and over and over.

very well constructed writing...and i feel a very deep meaning...the reader wears almost like a crown of thorns....

like it lots.

Posted 8 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ain't you just a peach baby doll.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Deeply empathic to me. You have a magnificent way with piecing words together to bring an image to mind. Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really loved how the imagery throughout this piece was rich and deep with both emotion and color. One could feel the moments, the musings and see the visions woven within the story being spoken. I really like the flow to the piece, it's smooth, it carries itself elegantly, even on a darkened evening, even as the past bubbles and boils, twists and turns... the words lift and pull one into that world, a world of mystical mystery and mused emotions.

Great Ink!
Aaron

Posted 8 Years Ago


A poem about a wandering poet, it's great! Your poem kind of reminded me of a character from Full Metal Alchemist & FMA brotherhood called Hoenheim.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

564 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2016
Last Updated on March 12, 2016
Tags: Philosopher, Poetry, Death, Love, Nature, Beauty

Author

K. Harding
K. Harding

United Kingdom



About
Philosopher of the stars. A voice in the choir of scars. Inspired by Tuomas Holopainen & Edgar Allan Poe. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The End. The End.

A Poem by K. Harding


Dark Heart Dark Heart

A Poem by Windy


Monster Monster

A Poem by Emily