Chapter ~ 1 Curse of the Moon

Chapter ~ 1 Curse of the Moon

A Chapter by K. Hicks

Chapter 1

Orion was hunting in the forest, when he came upon a beautiful young woman who was also hunting; she was using a pack of the finest hounds he had ever seen. Their hounds had picked up the scent of each other and they ended up hunting together. When the deer had been caught and killed, He saw that his companion was no mere girl, but the Goddess Artemis herself. He did not make eye contact out of respect, he bowed saying, “My lady.”

“Orion, there is no need for such a formal greeting. We are both hunters and now friends. You should treat me as such.” She said flipping her long light blond hair smiling up at him, “I was hoping that you would like to hunt with me in the future.” She said, and looked into his eyes.

Looking at them, he saw that her eyes were like endless pools of the clearest blue; her lips were as red as a rose, and her skin just as fair. She was beautiful… what more would you expect of a goddess, well not just any goddess the goddess of the moon. Orion realized He would like nothing more than to spend his days hunting with her, He laughed, “Artemis, I would love nothing more than to become your hunting companion for as long as you will have me.” They cleaned the deer, brought it back to town, and gave it to the cooks at the castle for the evening meal.

That entire summer they hunted by day and talked together in the evenings around a warm campfire, He had told her all his secrets and she had told him hers. Including, how she was not really the virgin goddess everyone believed her to be, but in fact, she rather enjoyed a day in the bed with the men of the village. It didn't even matter to her if they were married, as she had said; she was a goddess after all and should be allowed to do as she pleased.

This information surprised Orion, since she had hid her escapades very well, that is to say, if her brother and father were to find out, she would be severely reprimanded for her actions. Orion however, would never tell a soul for he had come to love her, deeply, over the short summer months. Regardless of her sexual escapades, he loved the hunter and the strong will he saw in her. However, he would not touch her the way the village men did, simply because he loved her father and twin brother as if they were his own family and he wouldn't disrespect them.

One chilly night they were sitting around the campfire discussing the day's hunt, she confessed to him. “My dear Orion, I feel as if we should take our relationship to the next level. You see I believe I have fallen for you.” She smiled and put her hand to his chest flirtatiously.

“Artemis my dear, you know I care about you deeply,” and he did, more than she knew. “But, I cannot betray the trust your brother and father have bestowed upon me while watching over you. Therefore we cannot be together until we ask their approval.” He said, kissing her on the forehead. He looked down into her eyes just as the rage flashed across them.

 He should have held his tongue, she did not like being talked down to as if she was a child and he knew it. “My father and brother have no say in who I choose to court! They have no right to try to control my life! I am a woman of seventeen years!” She shouted, standing up and walking away from the warmth of the fire.

“I know that.” Orion said gently, “But your brother is my best friend and I will not go behind his back for you or anyone... I’m sorry Artemis I can’t.” She turned and started to walk away, then she stopped, and turned to face him once more, “Fine then how about a wager?” she asked slyly.

He chuckled, she was always one for the gamble, “Ok, what are the terms?”

Her smile was quick and lit up her eyes, “The first to kill three stags with a single shot each to the heart wins… if I win, we forget about my father and brother and we continue this relationship my way. If you win we do it your way.”

Orion smiled, “Very well we shall start the hunt tomorrow morning at dawn.” Artemis agreed and they headed back to the village. By the time they made it back into the kingdom, it was already dark. They brought the animals they had slain to the cooks in the kitchen, and then parted ways, Artemis headed to her quarters, Orion to his.


© 2013 K. Hicks


Author's Note

K. Hicks
please leave comments

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

they became friends to fast and fell in love to fast lol. besides that i like it. hope to read more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunny Seng

10 Years Ago

if you can read my work as well
K. Hicks

10 Years Ago

I will most definitely I have a free day today (taking a break from writing and I'm off work so I p.. read more
Sunny Seng

10 Years Ago

ok thanks and lucky i have class today :(
very good i like it i can't wait till the action begins and the goddess armtiess the greek gooddess of the hunt and the goddess of the amazons is perfect for this story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


K. Hicks

10 Years Ago

Thank you!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 10, 2013
Last Updated on November 10, 2013


Author

K. Hicks
K. Hicks

Greeneville, TN



About
I love writing, be it poetry, short stories or even full blown novels. (which I have yet to complete a full novel *giggles) I enjoy writing romance, I write M/M M/F F/F in all genres. more..

Writing