Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

A Poem by Kelsey
"

I wrote this for the girl I love on our first Valentine's Day.

"

I watch you fast asleep -- the gentle rise and fall of your chest, the peaceful look on your face as you dream, the way your arm is still draped over me even as you are somewhere else in your head.

I hear you fast asleep -- the continuous beat of your heart reverberating in my ear, the soft snores as you enjoy your dreamworld, the cal way that you breathe -- so easily, like a fish gliding through water.


I feel you fast asleep -- the weight of your arm across me which somehow still makes me feel safe and warm, how your body fits so perfectly with mine when we lay together, the way your breath feels against my cheek as you slowly inhale and exhale.

I lay there beside you as the first sunbeams peek through the blinds, a ray of light intruding on what is left of night. I do not wake you. Instead, I let you sleep as I sift out the nightmares from the dreams as they creep along the pillow and into your head.

I will be your dreamcatcher.

© 2008 Kelsey


Author's Note

Kelsey
Reviews would be appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on March 7, 2008

Author

Kelsey
Kelsey

GA



About
I'm 22-years-old. I am a Christian writer-singer girl who enjoys fried chicken, the color green, and the ability to dance about ridiculously in the rain. I hope you enjoy my writing (new and old!). more..

Writing
One Year Later One Year Later

A Story by Kelsey