Beyond your control

Beyond your control

A Chapter by Firecrystal1092
"

There are some things that you can not control wanting to help someone even if they mistreated you.

"

Danel and the other kids in the class were getting bored they had Sat in there seats for twenty minutes class should have started already but for some reason the sensei still had not shown up. 

So here he was talking to the one person he thought would ignore his existence entirely. He must be very bored to want to speak to his favorite punching bag. 

" So got any clue has to what power you might have when it awakens"? Mikie asked 

"I do mean to be rude or anything but why are you talking to me?" Danel said with confusion and fear he never thought Mikie would ever be interested in talking to him ever. yet here he was siting at the desk across from him with his feet up on the desk.

 " So are you and Sisube close do you know how to get her to notice me? 

"Oh he wants to try to get close to me because I'm friends with Sisube". 

 Danel thought even though he was little hurt that the only reason he wanted was because of a girl a part of him was great full for opportunity if he got Mikie and Sisube to be friends then maybe Mikie will be nicer to him.

Danel scratched the back of his head with a sheepish grin and said, "Yeah we had a class together before but, we are not super close she is more of acquaintance then a friend but, she does help keep my bullies away". 

"Oh okay, well Danel I see you around I guess". Mikie said sounding almost disappointed before getting off the chair when Danel stood up and touched his shoulder to get his attention before he could fully stand up. 

" Mikie wait! I just want to say that what ever reason you have to tease me you do not have to be afraid anymore. My father says that the reason people make other people hurt is because they are hurt themselves". 

Danel said with a hint of fear when he could not see Mikie's face so he could not tell if he was going to get punched or not. All he knew was that Mikie was a young boy too. He had feelings and troubles just like he did. 

Mikie turned around and raised a fist at Danel. A unreadable expression on his face as he grabbed Danel's shirt collar and then stared Danel down blankly as if to see if Danel's courageous act was a fluke. 

Danel whimpered and looked away biting down on his lip to keep himself from screaming out in terror. Tears running down his eyes as he braced himself for another punch but it never came. Instead, Mikie sighs and puts Danel down brushing away the stray hairs from his face. 

Danel looks up at him with shock when Mikie gave him a playful shove in the shoulder and then says, "Sorry Dumbbell but you have understand their are somethings that are beyond your control". 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire and Danel were sitting at one of the bench tables Danel tried to get his mind off of what Mikie said. But, he couldn't he kept hearing the same bittersweet words as Mikie's voice kept repeating in his head through out the entire time he was eating. 

It was lunch time and the cafeteria was packed So, they decided to go outside with their lunches and entire some peace and quiet. 

"Fire do you think that their are some things we can't control like we can only be one way"? Danel said with a hint of hope  he did not want to believe what Mikie said was true surely if people truly wanted to change they could  right? 

Fire lifted her head and said, "You mean like destiny or fate? No, I think people can change if they really set their mind to it. 

Danel sighed and said, " I'm so glad that you believe it too, I just do not want to be shy and weak forever I want to do something about it even if some people think its beyond my control". 

Fire frowned and said, "You are thinking about what Mikie said in class aren't you? I was sitting next to you guys when you were talking". 

Danel nodded and said, " I could not stop thinking about it ever since. Its like Mikie was giving a puzzle to solve or something he was very cryptic about his past". 

Fire shook her head and said, "There is not much to solve his family was killed in the war, most of his clan is wiped out. 

Only twenty people remain in the Iceberg clan. Which is a shock because they are really powerful who ever did them in must have been one fearsome foe". 

Danel felt a wave of guilt hit him in the gut. He knew it was like to lose a family member. His mother was taken as a boy and even to this day he had no clue why she just left. She did not seem like the type of parent that would just walk away from them. 

Danel could not just walk to his father and ask what happened. Every time his mother was mentioned he would either snap at him or go into the room and shut the door. Danel had never been in love so he could not even pretend what it must be like to be separated from them. 

Especially in their planet. When Zelens fall in love they fall in love for life. Every time their life partner is separated it is extremely painful, they can still feel each other's emotions and feel each other's pain. So, even if his mother was still out there his father would know if she was hurt, killed, or in danger.  

" Man I feel like a jerk, I kept probing him about his past when I should have just kept my mouth shut". Danel said under his breath as he pounded his fist against the bench with frustration. 

Fire looks him with sadness and compassion and said, "No its not your fault you did not know the only reason I know is because of Sisube. She has taken a lot of interest in Mikie for some reason. I think she likes him but she is too stubborn to admit she has a soul underneath that dark heart of hers". 

Danel smirked and said, "He asked about her today too, I think they would be a interesting couple we all are too young to date besides I thought fire users hates Ice users".

Fire laughed and said, "Not always my mother was a fire user and my father was water. It is a myth that opposite elements can't get along". 

Danel smiled at that. He hoped that if he got his powers that his would balance hers out. He wanted to help her he knew she could not control her powers very well and wanted to be the one to make sure she was alright. 

He could not explain it but he felt connected Fire. Even though he never really believed in destiny or fate. Maybe when it comes to Fire he could make a special exception. 

Zelen's mature faster then humans so it is possible for find his soul mate at the ripe age of seven. But, finding your soul mate is rare now a days the mental connections are hardly around anymore. 

Mostly because Zelen's population is so big this one crowded planet. And people are so afraid to take risks now. They just want something quick and efferent they do not want to wait around for their perfect mate and ultimately set for the first person that comes a long.  

But, for some reason Danel refused to settle down out of obligation he wanted the girl to like him back, he wanted the connection; no matter how rare soulmates are even on Earth they were hard to come by now a days. 

Danel felt like he wanted to tell her. But, he did not why he did. After all she probably would not care.  But, Danel had found out that he was betrothed to a girl back when he was just crawling on the floor. 

Danel did not even know who it was yet, He was not old enough to know yet. His father said he would know when he was ten years old.  He wished that he was three years older so he would know. 

He hoped it was Fire. Even though Danel knew it was a long shot. After all their are over 50 clans and only half of them still had enough money to be considered royalty. 

The Crystal clan was one of the biggest clans out there and the Storm clan although very powerful was not as well known as the Crystal clan. At least not anymore. 

The Storm clan had helped form the Ninja police along with the Crystal clan centuries ago but, most people do not care what happened in the past. Especially something that happened a long time ago. 

" Fire, I was betrothed a long time ago, I'm supposed to marry someone to help the Storm clan reclaim a higher status and balance  the clan numbers. But, I do not even know who she is ...what should I do"? 

Fire lifted her head from her food and then twirled her head towards Danel her side braid flinging to the other side of her shoulder, she looked at him with a expression he could not read. It seemed almost disappointed? 

" I do know everything Danel, all I can say is, if you are only doing it to help your clan then you are in it for the wrong reasons. But, who knows you might end up with someone you really like".  

Danel watched a small tear fell from her face, Danel was about to wipe it away for her but, then the bell rang and Fire took her books and ran back inside with her head down. 

Danel did not understand why Fire seemed so upset. Did She like him too? Girls were so confusing. Danel stood with his hands on his hips shaking his head with a sigh. 

No matter how many times he tried to take a hold of a situation he seems to make things worse. Maybe Mikie was right somethings are beyond your control. 

As his mother once said, Life is a roller coaster so you might as well sit back and enjoy the ride and hope it does not give you to many loops along the way.


© 2016 Firecrystal1092


Author's Note

Firecrystal1092
I hope you like this chapter. It took a while because of school and other things. I say we got a ten chapters left of little Danel before we graduate to pre-teen Danel where the sparks of fire takes place.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on August 17, 2015
Last Updated on February 27, 2016
Tags: Self discovery, The creation of Fire, Spin off, firecrystal1092


Author

Firecrystal1092
Firecrystal1092

About
I have been writing since I was a small child, I hope to be a published author. I like to write about Girl enpowered stories,because I feel like there is not enough role models for girls to look up t.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)