Do You

Do You

A Poem by SPINNING ON that dizzy edge

Do you

    make an anniversary of

         something that broke your heart

                handed it to you - all tied up with blue papers

                a cord and staples......

                       stamped with a date at the end.

 

Do you

     think of the years of lost hope, dreams, plans

          wishes, prayers, second chances, empty arms

                 Devoid of pride, energy, caring what happens

                 turning and walking away....

                        knowing it was over long ago.

 

Do you

     take a walk in the sun

            lifting your chin just a little higher

                closing your eyes and asking God

                to please, just please make the pain go away

                      that pain you caused and the one you hold

                            right here

                                  until the day you die....

 

 

© 2008 SPINNING ON that dizzy edge


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I would, but then again I am a gtutton for never forgetting the pain that made me who I am- and knowing feeling THAT pain reminds me I am still alive. Compartmentalize it in a "memories vial", pack it away, and only drink of it on anniversaries and those days when you need to feel -something- Otherwise let it flow out of your brain, out your ears (as I do) and pool up in the vial. Cap it away and go on with your life. Granted the combination to this locked container might be something as simple as a line from a song, or a scent, but for the most part it is safely tucked away. Nice piece- moolight girl.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A wonderful expressive write - I can feel the emotion in your words, which tells me this was written from somewhere deep inside.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem
:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


SPINNING ON that dizzy edge

9 Years Ago

Thank you This is one of my most soul baring writes ... not an easy time of my life... we have s.. read more
What an excellent poem about feelings...I love how you artfully composed this piece. I also love how you made it a question do you? I thought that really added to the thought provoking piece that this is. Wonderful piece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely written poem. Great job. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First of all, I think the format of this poem draws the reader in even before beginning to read this piece.

Any person who has a conscious (I hope) would say yes to the questions you ask here. It's so unfortunate that there are so many that don't have that or empathy for another.

I love how you let your emotions flow through your words. I enjoyed this.




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a great expression of the feelings one has going through divorce, whether you were the one wanting it or not. It's taking in hand a paper that is there to remind you something you once had high hopes and dreams for, is no more. Very expressive, great flow and rhythm. Barbara

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kath, I do. How I wish I didn't have regrets, but I do. How I wish I could take back things I said that hurt others, but I can't. How I wish there was a clock that I could magically turn back time and have that chance to make wiser choices. Letting go, at least for me, is hard. I hold on to memories much longer than I should and I'm much harder on myself than most anyone else, which is not always a good thing. I like this poem very much. I like the way it progresses, highlighting universal experiences, touching our hearts by opening yours.

But I also like the way you bring closure. I think the world would be a much better place if we all spent more time walking, more time in the sun, more time asking for help with the willingness to accept it. Humility is something most of us think we have more than we do. I learned the hard way. Life has a way of making us bend when we think we are strong enough to resist the wind. A little more time on our knees never hurt anyone.

I like poems that make me think and reflect. Kath, you've done that here very, very well. Thanks for sharing. You do good poem. :-D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey stranger :) One thought provoking question (do you...) broken into many fragments, but reassembled to form a colorful masterpiece. As I read this, line by line, it began to take shape and left me with a vision of sunlight streaming through a stained glass window. A rather inspiring vision, actually... off to get some much needed sleep, but may have more to add. I like it, Kath... write on, my friend.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The short answer is yes. I do and not just on an anniversary. Well I do on one in particular and you know which one that is. I tell myself not to but I still do. This was an empathic write about feelings we all seem to have these days. Excellent dear friend.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I would, but then again I am a gtutton for never forgetting the pain that made me who I am- and knowing feeling THAT pain reminds me I am still alive. Compartmentalize it in a "memories vial", pack it away, and only drink of it on anniversaries and those days when you need to feel -something- Otherwise let it flow out of your brain, out your ears (as I do) and pool up in the vial. Cap it away and go on with your life. Granted the combination to this locked container might be something as simple as a line from a song, or a scent, but for the most part it is safely tucked away. Nice piece- moolight girl.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 26, 2008
Last Updated on April 28, 2008

Author

SPINNING ON that dizzy edge
SPINNING ON that dizzy edge

Buffalo, NY



About
Some of my work is very personal and some is flight taking fancy... a writer's prerogative... :) Read something of mine and I will read something of yours - very nice and simple and what a way.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..