Begining

Begining

A Chapter by KMM

Chapter 1




Have you ever hated something so much that you would rather die than do it again? Well that was how I felt about the summer camp my (highly rich and always out of town) parents sent me too. You might think that I am over exaggerating but this was no ordinary summer camp. In this world there were people with abilities that ran through the family lines.

Those people were called The Gifted or just Gifted for short. But the only thing was the parents or anyone else didn’t know what ability their kid would receive until they started experiencing their powers. The more unique the later they gained their gift.

The most commonly inherited were pyromancer(fire wizard), electromancer (lightning, electric wizard), cryomancer (ice wizard), warrior (the warriors were normally only specially gifted with one weapon and they were all medieval style weapons), and thief (they could go invisible and go through magical barriers unnoticed.) Although they aren’t the only gifted those were the ones most spotted in the small community of Gifted in the USA.

The Gifted weren’t noticed by the
nongifted that didn't belong to a gifted family line as anything other than normal. They interacted and normally got along well. They went to the same schools (except for a few private gifted schools) and even went to work together. But some of the gifted family lines were split into groups and they would always squabble like kids but they never went to war.

You all might be wondering what little brat is telling you this story. I am Vincent Conroy son of Richard aka. Dick and Marie Conroy the famous business duo and to my opinion worst parents ever. Who would leave a 16 year old boy home by himself with only a neighbor to check on him every other week. Anyways I have to get up, go to school, go to work (because although my parents are rich they are so selfish they only give about 20 dollars a month to live on) and then spend the rest of the time at home. Home time consists of video games, reading, working out, Mixed Martial Art training and trying to find out what Gift I have. Which you would think would get boring fast but I rarely have any home time so I almost never get bored. My days are always boring and uneventful during school and they usually aren’t much more exciting during work. Things only got exciting when my never pleased parents came home.

I could never please them. Every time they came home to the freaking mansion (which resided in Lancaster,Pa) they leave me in they are always like “Honey have you found out what your powers are” and “Almost every other kid had their power at least a year ago are you sure you haven’t noticed anything.” That’s how they always were during every visit until school was out.

It was a week after school was out when my parents called saying they would be back for the weekend and they had news for me although i could think of what it may be. And the thought of what it may be horrified me. It was a thursday when they called but they normally call a week ahead of trip home. That only confirmed it. I was going to hell. Not literally I was going to Gifted summer camp where everyone had “Gift” and knew how to use them, well everyone besides me.

Both of my parent were “jokes” as the Gifted called them. “Jokes” were people from a gifted family that never received a gift. That was why they were always pestering me about my Gift. Since they were both Jokes I was wondering why they always made me go to Summer camp. I would have thought they knew how it felt to be surrounded by The Gifted but not have a gift yourself.

This was the day of reckoning. The day my parents came home. It was brisk early that morning and didn’t warm up much throughout noon, odd for the east coast at the start of summer. It looked rainy and i was glad the weather felt how I did. I was just finishing lunch when I heard the doorbell then heard my parents come in.

“Honey can you help us unpack.” Of course my mom would need help unpacking just to pack up and leave again in a few days.“Okay mom i’ll be down in a sec.” I finished my sandwich and hurried down the hall to see my parents just standing in the reception hall of the mansion like they needed a freaking tour or something.

“Why didn’t you two start heading to your room while you waited for me.”

“Well the thing is summer camp starts early this year and we kind of have to get going today if we are to get you there by sign ups,” she started to falter near the end as she saw the color drain out of my face.





© 2017 KMM


Author's Note

KMM
Comment pls

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on June 18, 2017
Last Updated on June 18, 2017
Tags: Magic, comedy, chapter


Author

KMM
KMM

Writing
Unsure Unsure

A Book by KMM