Flight

Flight

A Story by Kaliou

Against the backdrop of a velvet orange sunset beautifully infused with the smog product of yet another busy city day, was Gabriel.

Gabriel stood, as he always stood; Perched on the edge of the roof of a 39 story building, his knees bent in a n unusual grasshopper-like form and his rugged fingers latched onto the ledge.

He watched, just like he did every night, the puny little people, scuttling about growing fainter and fainter as the sun set once more and concluded yet another scorching day in this city he called home.

A soft flutter of wings caught his attention, and suddenly he heard an explosion of flaps and flutters and metal clanking. One pigeon had triggered all the other to panic.

The pigeons lived where Gabriel lived, on this rooftop, and Gabriel would care for them every day just as he always had.

Gabriel never really liked birds at all, but he liked to keep them close because he knew that he would never have wings of his own.

© 2011 Kaliou


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
Added on May 18, 2011
Last Updated on May 18, 2011

Author

Kaliou
Kaliou

Beirut, Lebanon



About
I am a Scorpio, I am Sarcastic, I am a Sadist. I am an emotional masochist. I study theater, I find refuge in acting. I am musically Intellectual, I am a film addict more..

Writing
Birth of Sin Birth of Sin

A Poem by Kaliou


Salvation Salvation

A Poem by Kaliou


Mary Mary

A Poem by Kaliou