Awe

Awe

A Story by Kaliou

Sweat drops trickled down the crevices in his forehead, all wrinkled up from effortlessly trying to squint away the blinding sun. All around his face little droplets of sweat started to appear and come together like sweet dew on an orchid at 5 am, finally creating massive drops that dripped down and stained his already filthy tank top.

He kept walking while completely disregarding the fact that his legs were about to give in and he was going to collapse. He had no destination nor the slightest sense of direction, but he had, for an unknown reason to him, the will to keep going.

In the distance, he spotted a glimmer of hope, a dark blot on this endless sea of rust. He dropped to his knees and dug his hands into the spot that had yet to be scorched by the sun, chills ran down his spine.

He clenched his fist and lifted up a handful of sand and begun to let it flow out of the tiny hole at the bottom of his hand as slowly as he could. As he watched, he tried to see every tiny grain that was now blowing away in what seemed to be a breeze, and he was in awe...

© 2011 Kaliou


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

376 Views
Added on May 18, 2011
Last Updated on May 18, 2011

Author

Kaliou
Kaliou

Beirut, Lebanon



About
I am a Scorpio, I am Sarcastic, I am a Sadist. I am an emotional masochist. I study theater, I find refuge in acting. I am musically Intellectual, I am a film addict more..

Writing
Birth of Sin Birth of Sin

A Poem by Kaliou


Salvation Salvation

A Poem by Kaliou


Mary Mary

A Poem by Kaliou