I

I

A Chapter by Kamui
"

Part one of the Dream Arc. These don't go in chronological order so don't feel confused about plot.

"
It was midday when the bells were heard throughout the kingdom. These weren't ordinary bells, mind you. These bells were special. The kind of special only reserved for someone like a Queen.

A young man spoke to a girl, much younger than he, just out of earshot while he placed a dark purple flower into her golden blonde hair. Aside from this decoration, she wore a thin white dress reaching just below the knee. The neck of this dress was laced with a thin stripe of the same purple that lay atop her head.

"I don't want to do this" she resisted.

"Neither do I, but you know it was going to happen eventually. Once we get through this, it'll all be over. It can be just us" he reassured her

"This isn't how it was supposed to end" she complained once more. "We could've done more to save her!"

The older of the two ignored her and finished up tying the back of her dress.

"Why did you do it? You should've let me-" she persisted, but he stopped her.

"Come on. It's time." He rushed her out the castle doors and into the courtyard where a large crowd had gathered to await the funeral of their Queen.


© 2018 Kamui


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it! I'm excited for you to post more so i can get to know these characters

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hmmm, good start, but there's a lot more you can do here. Names aren't entirely necessary for now, but we do need more. We need to know who these two characters are, we get the sense that they're related to the late queen, but "young man" and "younger girl" can mean anything. there's also very little world building, so give us a better idea of where they are. In a castle yes, but where? In a far corner of the kingdom, with rolling green hills and calm rivers, or in the center of a town, at the end of a long, winding road? You say courtyard, describe it. This is the set up of your story, you need to make the setting, the characters, and the conflict very clear. Besides all this, what's written is written well, and I encourage you to progress. Looking forward to more.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 11, 2018
Last Updated on May 11, 2018
Tags: fantasy, slice of life, adventure


Author

Kamui
Kamui

IL



About
Just a young writer trying to get my ideas out. more..

Writing