The Plan

The Plan

A Chapter by KassidyBaker12
"

The girls decide to plan to leave for Jersey with a little help from their dads ex girlfriend.

"

Later that night, the girls gather in their bedroom. They were all next to each other, crowded in a little corner, in the back of the room. Daisy was the most scared; she was,after all, the youngest. She was only 10 and didn’t know her mother very long like the other girls did. Their father didn’t hit her a lot like he did with the rest of the girls. They were happy about that because she doesn’t need to be abused at such a young age. But,

she still got hurt. Almost every night, they all lie there together, holding each other securely, crying their eyes out. They only have each other, no mother to hold them and say that everything was going to be okay. The closest mother they had was Amber and they knew where she was. She was out with their father, getting tormented and yelled at. They knew this because they could hear the yelling through the walls.  They all sat quietly, waiting for it all to end.


“Girls, I have a plan to help us all.” Leah said in a whisper. “We need to take control of our lives and do what is best for all of us. Mom would want us to be safe she would want us to have a good, loving, caring family.” She explained to them.


“And what’s your plan smart one? We can’t just walk out of here, you know what would happen if we did. Gosh Leah, I thought you were smarter than that.” Courtney said in a mean tone. Courtney hated it here and she would do anything to give up her life that

she was living. But she was right, they can’t just all get up and leave. Their father would not be happy and would most likely beat them until they can’t move.


“I’m not saying we should get up and leave. I’m saying, lets runaway.” Leah told them all. This wasn’t the first time they have thought of this plan. It wasn’t the best, but it was a plan, and it could save them.


“Why don’t we just all go to sleep, or at least try to. We’ll discuss this in the morning, after dad goes to work.” Megan says after a long silence. As they all settle down and began to fall asleep, they realize that running away would be the only safe thing to do. And with Courtney working and saving money, they have a little money to run away with. But where would they run to? They have no idea where there real family is located.

That’s one detail that their mother never told them. It was time to search for hospital records.


The next morning the girls awoke to a bright, sunny summer morning! It was about 8 o’clock. The birds outside were chirping, flowers were dancing in the wind, and bees and butterflies filled the air around all things green. Outside, everything was perfect, but inside, it was a nightmare. The only things that gave the house life was the sweet smell of

Apple Pie that Amber made and the flowers surrounding the front porch. The girls finally hopped out of bed. They were hoping that their dad was gone to work and that no one was there except them and Amber. Megan was the first to walk out the bedroom door, everything was still. Nothing moved; there was no sound it was like time was frozen. This was typical for it to be like this; after all, it was a Thursday morning. There dad was away at his job. He worked as an engineer at the town’s auto store. He helped with fixing cars, replacing motors, and working with customers to find exactly what they were looking for. Megan gave the first okay to the girls; they all walked out. They went to find Amber, but she was nowhere to be found.  They yelled her name, searched outside, and even went in to their dad’s room, which they are not allowed to do. Finally, when they went in to the kitchen, they saw the Apple Pie and a note next to it.


The note read:


“Dear Girls,


I hope you slept well. I’m sorry about last night and about what you girls have to go through. I wish I could stay, but I can’t handle the pain your father gives me. I’m leaving. I’ll be going to New Jersey. That’s where my family is at. But I have one wish for you girls; and that is to come with me. I don’t want you 4 beautiful, smart girls living in a place like this. It’s not safe and it’s certainly not a healthy place to live. You girls are like my own daughters; daughters I've never had before. But anyways, if you go down to the den, you will find a box. I want you to open that box. In it you will find $600. I put that away for you girls to have, in case I ever came to the decision of leaving your father. I want you to take it and put it in a safe place. This is what you will use if you decide to run away. Buy 4 bus tickets and come to New Jersey. It’s a wonderful place! There are beaches, fresh air, and you’ll be in a safe place. I hope you choose to come live with me. I must go before your father wakes up. I love you girls!! Hopefully, I’ll see you soon.


Love,

Amber


All four girls looked at each other, they each knew what the other was thinking. They knew that they needed to run away. Suddenly, they all went racing down to the den, found the box, and opened it. In it they found the $600 Amber left them. Courtney took it and put it in her pocket. They all went back up to their room to discuss more of the plan.


“We need to do this. It’s the only safe way out.  Amber even thinks we should do this. You read the note; we’re like her daughters!” Leah said with an exciting tone. Leah wanted to be with Amber. She loved Amber like a second mother. Amber did their laundry, helped them with homework, cooked them their daily meals and most of all, gave them the love that they didn't get from their dad.


“I think we should do it. New Jersey sounds amazing.” Courtney says. The weird thing is, is that, last night Courtney didn't want to do it, but today, she does. Maybe it’s because they had a place to go and some extra money. But either way, they decided to go.



© 2014 KassidyBaker12


Author's Note

KassidyBaker12
Does it make sense? Does the dialogue sound ok? Ignore grammar promblems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on March 18, 2014
Last Updated on March 21, 2014
Tags: letters, sad, family, sister


Author

KassidyBaker12
KassidyBaker12

AZ



About
Writing has been my passion since I was little. I love writing young adult stories and short poems. I'm a high school student, Class of 2015. I come from a crazy family and live in a wonderful communi.. more..

Writing
Alan Alan

A Poem by KassidyBaker12